Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
ebachrville is on a distinguished road

Well I don't get a long weekend this weekend.. And Columbus didn't discover the "new world" (I live 5 miles from where the Kensington Runestone was discovered and lived here for the majority of my life.. look it up ) but in all reality, I'm doing this in my folk's shop and he said one the snow flies.. he needs the space for his truck.. ( he does have the truck parked in a garage already.. Hmm that only doesn't add up till now, hmmm ) Anyway so I'm on a deadline!!!

Last edited by ebachrville; 10-08-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 PM

As requested, I'm going to start doing video updates.. just to make it more suspenseful!!

I've created a account on youtube called "benzblazer" and a email, benzblazer AT gmail.com

You'll see some of my other "projects" .. this is going to get interesting..

More to come!

Last edited by ebachrville; 10-08-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Took half the day of work to go gather all the needed bits for this weekend.. its going to be a hard and heavy work weekend this weekend.. its already snowing here..

So, as promised, VIDEO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJp6PSw0lo4

I got all the motor mount plates drilled and shaped and bolted in place.. tomorrow I'll start making up the cross members and finish them up..

More video tomorrow.

Last edited by ebachrville; 10-09-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 PM

Today allot was accomplished!!! very Very Very good day.. you'll have to watch the video to see the progress: (it's well worth it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV8mDLjY3Pc

Old 10-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

dude its running! man does it sound good. When can I drop mine off? lol. that is some amazing work right there. glad you have it running.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:24 AM

yeah its really nice to have the motor mounted and running... and the factory blazers oil pressure and temp senders work..

I do have to mount the oil cooling radiator still also, its just set in place now .. but all the fluids are in except power steering need to get to the hydrolic shop to get some custom hoses made to finish that up.

Need to wrap up a few more things like I have to make the shift linkage and put the drive shaft on it.. and mount a push button in the dash for the glow plugs and wire up a fan relay for the electric cooling fan..

Then the grill can go on and the hood ect..

Not having rubber mounts on the motor is kind of a hoot... at idle the thing vibrates, giving a nice back massage (kind of like a deep base in a well decked out SPL sound car, but once its above idle it purs like a kitten.

Cant wait to drive it around a bit.. hopefully tomorrow!

Old 10-11-2009, 12:27 AM

speaking of power steering? Any one know what fitting on the power steering on the blazer gearbox is the high pressure side, I'm thinking its the one on the passenger side. Can any one confirm this?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice progress!

Here is the schematic of the power steering system with the power steering cooler:

The green line is the high pressure line. So it is the fitting closest to the front of the truck.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRoad09 is on a distinguished road

Cool project

Old 10-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Very nice progress!

Here is the schematic of the power steering system with the power steering cooler:

The green line is the high pressure line. So it is the fitting closest to the front of the truck.
Tanks alot thats the one I thought was the high pressure one ..

Quick Reply: 2000 Turbo Diesel Blazer Benz mash up thread