Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2005 ZR2 Project - This will be a big transformation!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:10 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blazer_YYC
I'm considering adding an LS swap now too. Anyone locally done an LS swap?
My brother down in Cardston is in the process of slowly swapping a V8 into his CC S10. He's friends with a guy in Calgary (or Okotoks?) who I believe has done a couple LS swaps into S-series trucks. I don't know him, but I believe he does buy/sell parts on Kijiji regularly.

Old 01-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer_YYC is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I've recently had a change of heart with this project. I have decided to sell my project and move on. When I first bought this Blazer I had assumed that I wouldn't have to do a lot mechanically and I could spend a bunch of money on the cosmetic stuff and have a fun second vehicle. After I had it inspected it I found out I needed a bunch of suspension components and a few other items. I have spent almost $4000 in parts and tires and when I look at the numbers now it just doesn't make sense to go any further. I will place a for sale ad as well in case any of you local guys are interested. It shouldn't last long at my asking price of $4250 obo I always loved Blazers and still do but this just wasn't working out for me anymore. Mechanically I have fixed everything I was told to fix by a local shop. I think it could use new leaf springs to get things level again but I just don't want to spend anymore time or money on this. It you are interested you can reply here or reply to my ad. I appreciate all the great advice I got from you guys and this site. I really was a huge help and I did learn a ton!

Thanks

Alex

Link: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ver/1327580274

Old 01-20-2018, 04:00 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see you give in, but we all have our limits. I bought mine for $3,000 June '15 and have put about $5,000 into it including two sets of tires and a set of Camaro wheels to date. I feel like I will have a dependable vehicle after I complete the transmission overhaul I am in the middle of. To me it beats the heck out of a new car payment and I now know what condition the truck is in mechanically. My next big repair will probably be an engine, I have 200,00 miles with a rebuilt drive train, except the engine and the rear end (7.6) that I have a Tru-Trac LSD for, ( I also have ZR2 axles, (8.5) I am still pondering ) new front suspension, ujoints t/c front seal & vac. actuator,shocks & brakes, rear brake line, motor mounts, evap solenoid, distributor, timing chain. The fuel pump was the most expensive on the road repair I have had. ( that one cost me $1000, ouch ) The only cosmetics I have done are a replacement hood, wheels and window vent sheilds. Somebody will get a nice vehicle for the price you are asking , Good luck. [I have two used C/V shafts off of a ZR2 Blazer approx. 90,000 miles if that would help ]

Last edited by 2004 Blazer; 01-20-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:05 PM
Starting Member
JitteryMouse is on a distinguished road

Hey!
Where are you ordering parts in Canada? Do they have to be zr2?
I am trying to fix my 2005 zr2 and I have never done this before. I'm looking for a grille and front bumper for it but i'm terrified to order online. Do LS parts work? S10?
I'm in the Vancouver area if that helps at all.