Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2nd Gen Blazer Bumper Build :P

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:42 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd Gen Blazer Bumper Build :P

Ok so i thought it was messed up that there isn't a aftermarket off-road bumper available (anymore) for our blazers. So i set out on a mission to build one. I started today with cardboard and a general picture of what i wanted. If all goes well ill be selling them for 280 plus shipping only to USA because canadian customs plus shipping to canada cost way to much i could possibly go across the border and ship it since i live close to montreal. so here is my progress so far tell me what you think and anything i should change.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

any pics from dif. angles?
looks a bit big to me, off to a good start though.
i like the general idea you are going for ,just need to see some more to say for sure.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM

tell me the angles you want and ill go take pictures of it its not completely made yet i just threw that together. The pic i had of the bumper i planed on making a copy of is here its actually smaller than the stock bumper its 9inches wide but there is the part that goes down from thats what makes it look so big

but over all its a nice bumper i think im going to make it and if i dont like it modify it till i do but i most likely will like it

Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ok, now i see what you are going for.
i like that one too.

customize it and see what variations you come up with.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lol, that's a picture of a member's truck here. Georgesblaza. He hasn't been active in roughly a year but I keep seeing pictures of his truck pop up lol.

If you can get that look, it'll be a really nice bumper. Personally, if someone from Canada wants to pay shipping and customs you should ship them up.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 PM

oh i deff would all cost to them and yea i LOVE his bumper thats why i want to replicate it :P

Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran

what thickness steel are you going to use?
have thought about this before, dont think i can weld that well yet

Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

yeah i love the looks of his bumper too. Im actually planing on building mine in a few weeks or so after i get the winch to mount behind it. I will be sure to post pics when im done. I plan on doing one for the rear too.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM

ill be using 3/16th
i was going to use 1/8th and gusset it a $H!t Load but i figured id just use 3/16th

well deff tell us how yours turns out NVANZEE

ill be making it this week for sure since im off from school all week :P

Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
ok, now i see what you are going for.
i like that one too.
who doesn't luv Georgesblaza!

Originally Posted by kinter614
ill be making it this week for sure since im off from school all week :P
weeeelllllll................what's the update?

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Blazer Bumper Build :P