Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

2nd Gen Blazer Bumper Build :P

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

i plan on welding them all seeing i have a 2 inch BL i only use the 4 that hook to the frame. and ill put nuts on the the bottom since im using a different bolt size (1/2 grade 8) so its just for reassurance also im not using the BL pucks im just mounting it right to the frame

i hope i can sell a couple of them it would be so nice right now but oh well make stuff for myself till someone comes along but price for a bumper is 300 plus shipping

Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

not too bad on the welding, considering you just learned.

keep up the good work.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:01 PM

yea the front welds were better but i have like 12 hours on and off of welding this bumper because i let it cool and stuff but i couldn't get pic's of the welds in the front i ground them down before i took the pictures but i literally just started mig (officially) 2 weeks ago i have welded on and off with it but right now im strictly on mig

To everyone i have been funded by my school to make a roof rack out of 1/2x1/2 square stock solid so ill be starting that in the next few days giving my bumper a rest :P i know i should really get it dont but i cant get my truck to design the side parts

Update:

well i mounted my bumper :P looks good if i must say so myself well here are pic's ill get some of the side pieces once i finish them tomorrow :P also started on my roof rack (not perfect but hey i had to do it by myself and thats hard when you cant hold 4 things at once) well heres the pic's

Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Profile shot? How much do you have in it as far as materials?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

also wondering if you've weighed it yet?

Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM

i have a good 250 bucks in materials thats metal, mig wire, co2 gas, d-shackels, flap wheels, grinding disks bolts

no i havent weighed it yet havent had it home i would say its like 50 pounds

Old 02-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

Wow that thing`s huge...

Did you consider to put in another angle on the bumper ends? I think it`s a little wide on the edges...

Old 02-18-2011, 09:22 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Looks beastly. With the shackles and a paint job it'll look good. You going to mount any lights on it?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
azblazer96 is on a distinguished road

Been looking for an aftermarket bumper for awhile and no one seems to make them. Looking forward to seeing your finished product. Any plans on a rear bumper to match?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Starting Member
Jar3tt is on a distinguished road

looks real good. what thickness metal did you use?

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Blazer Bumper Build :P