Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

89 Blazer 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:54 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

I'm not real familiar with the abs version, but I'm planning to do the whole roof (sheet metal) with a Dynamat type product when I take my headliner down to replace.

Prob wouldn't need anything too extreme for the roof. . .one of the cheaper/thinner materials should suffice. I got GT Mat off ebay. Found in 50, 80, and 110 Mil thicknesses. Got some of the 80 I put inside the tail gate, and rear doors.

Planning to order the 110 mil for the front doors, I'll prob do the 50 mil on the roof.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sandman98207
So just out of curiosity did you add any sound damping material/padding to the abs, I've seen them on lmc just curious if you get extra noise between the metal roof and abs. The ones on lmc come with fabric already in place.
Yes, I added some insulation that I got at Lowes. I was some type plastic bubble insulation. My ABS Headliner had fabric installed. I see LMC carries them but I purchased on line but I do not remember from where. They are a pricy but I have had mine over 10 years now. No sagging whatsoever. It would be easy to replace the fabric if it was ever needed as there nothing that is going to fall apart.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by KnightBlazer
I'm not real familiar with the abs version, but I'm planning to do the whole roof (sheet metal) with a Dynamat type product when I take my headliner down to replace.

Prob wouldn't need anything too extreme for the roof. . .one of the cheaper/thinner materials should suffice. I got GT Mat off ebay. Found in 50, 80, and 110 Mil thicknesses. Got some of the 80 I put inside the tail gate, and rear doors.

Planning to order the 110 mil for the front doors, I'll prob do the 50 mil on the roof.
''

See below to what is available from LMC truck.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Old 05-29-2018, 09:52 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
''

See below to what is available from LMC truck.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Thanks. . .I'll definitely look at these when I'm ready to do the headliner. I didn't actually mean doing the sound mat instead of a headliner. Going to do both for extra heat/sound insulation.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member
Sandman98207 is on a distinguished road
Default Update

Storage box built and installed.
Amp installed hidden inside storage box.
So got amp installed and storage box built, ****s no longer rolling around in the trunk which is awesome, trans is ordered and waiting on rest of parts for engine to be built, gotta do breaks too new calipers, master cylinder are enroute and gonna blow out brake lines. Once engine is built will drop in engine, new trans and lift kit hopefully all the same weekend. We'll see gonna be a bit before next update.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Beginning Member
Default New 700r4 trans received.

700r4 trans and trans cooler finally came in

Old 07-27-2018, 06:48 PM
johncharles is on a distinguished road

Very nice! I’ll bet that task, while tedious, is very exciting!

Old 10-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Beginning Member

Finally got the dash and all that out.
Motor is finally pulled looks good so far to be built.
Trans is out, not much left to do.
Teaching daughter a few things happy to have an extra set of hands to help.
So been working on getting the parts blazer all torn apart, have almost all done to scrap the cab then just have the suspension and few other items still on the frame before that's scrapped.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM

My 89 GMC Jimmy, Sanden AC comp, in-line fuel pressure gage, adjustable fuel pressure regulator (TBI), KN air filter, hood struts, HID Headlights, LED marker, turn signal, brake & reverse lights, front dual piston brake calipers, re with hub bearing, rear disc brake conversion with working E-brake, added OEM front facing rear sway bar. Edelbrock water pump & IAS shocks. Pioneer 1.5 Din CD player, IPOD adapter and 10 Disc CD Changer. ABS Headliner. 91-94 front grill assy. (3-piece to one piece) required new core support. G80 Locking Diff with 3:08, ZQ8 Steering Gear Box.

Last edited by mr.vls; 10-15-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Beginning Member

So got alot more done with parts blazer, motor pulled and dissassembled, going out next month for hot wash and bore and hone job. Then will begin the process of internal ballance.

Motor is finally pulled looks good so far to be built.

daughter giving me a hand pulling motor.

motor dissasembly

Quick Reply: 89 Blazer 4x4