Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

89 Blazer 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 05:49 PM
Beginning Member
Sandman98207 is on a distinguished road
Default 89 Blazer 4x4

In the works, just done minor things right now. But got rough country lift coming, Nerf bars from 4wheelparts, and bfg 30x9.5 tires. Like the stock rims so keeping those, trucks straight and clean. Enging upgrades are having block bored 30 over, Edelbrock 21141 intake, throttle body spacer and edlebrock air filter. Making a custom storage box for amp and tools etc.. hat them sliding around in the trunk.

8" sub to be installed.
Used 3m undercarriage coating on spare tire rack.

Sanded down some surface rust spots, and primed to prevent cancer from spreading

How I got it.
How I got it.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:54 PM
johncharles is on a distinguished road

That’s a nice truck. I look forward to seeing another square body being built.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:04 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Looks like you got a good straight truck to start with. We look forward to seeing your progress.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 05-07-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Beginning Member

So got a few things done this weekend, the headliner fabric was sagging had a couple bars holding it up so i could see out thetback. I removed the headliner, removed the fabric and brushed off all the old foam glue and then glued the fabric back in place. Glad I'm not gonna have to do that again also found a 89 blazer for sale for 650 for spare parts car, it's only rwd so trans and drive train no use to me, but gonna help with some pieces missing here and there now have spare motor to build 😁. Spare parts blazer.
Headliner installed
All the dried up foam I brushed off the headliner board and fabrick
Headliner all brushed off halfway done
Finally got the SOB out
The fabric sagging center bar up to hold it up lol

Old 05-12-2018, 07:00 PM

That’s awesome! Keep the work going! I’m doing my headliner soon in black.

Hey - your parts blazer... any chance you would be interested in selling the black wheel well trim pieces? I’ve been looking for the rears for my blazer for over a year but I’d buy a full set from someone willing to part with them. Let me know what you think or PM me!!

Old 05-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by johncharles
That’s awesome! Keep the work going! I’m doing my headliner soon in black.

Hey - your parts blazer... any chance you would be interested in selling the black wheel well trim pieces? I’ve been looking for the rears for my blazer for over a year but I’d buy a full set from someone willing to part with them. Let me know what you think or PM me!!
Hey tip for redoing your headliner start at the dome light, and work your way out, or are you doing new fabric and just going to cut it where accesses and holes need to be?

Old 05-12-2018, 09:53 PM

I’m planning on doing new fabric.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Great job on the Headliner, I need to do this as well.

Nice find on the parts truck. Hopefully you can take what you need and scrap it for what you paid!

Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Years ago I gave up on using the OEM headliner and opted for one made of ABS with the correct color fabric. The fiberglass pressboard is just a pain in the but. This is in my 89 S15 Jimmy.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by mr.vls
Years ago I gave up on using the OEM headliner and opted for one made of ABS with the correct color fabric. The fiberglass pressboard is just a pain in the but. This is in my 89 S15 Jimmy.
So just out of curiosity did you add any sound damping material/padding to the abs, I've seen them on lmc just curious if you get extra noise between the metal roof and abs. The ones on lmc come with fabric already in place.

Quick Reply: 89 Blazer 4x4