Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

93 s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 08:11 PM
johncharles is on a distinguished road

Ok so the back seats are in. Wiring ran for small stereo system install.

Padding under carpeting over the sound deadener.

Center console in. That front piece is going to require making brackets to hold it to the floor. See the picture with the cuts in the carpet for the non-existent rails...

The rear seatbelts don’t pull properly but I think there’s a spring the popped off the ratcheting part and I still have to put those in.

The headliner will be recovered in new black fabric and installed tomorrow along with the overhead console, sun visors and a-pillar covers.

Wednesday I will finish the dash wiring and HVAC and install the dash.

Lastly, I still need to route wiring for the LMC bumper fog lights and install a switch somewhere.

Other than that, it’ll be driving by this weekend and I’m sure I’ll find something that needs to be tightened or redone.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 PM

Aha!!! It just occurred to me that the back seat belts on the 87 donor body are only lap belts and there is nowhere to mount the three point belts from my 93 body.

Not a big deal I guess cause I have all the mounts for the lap belts but annoying me a little bit.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:56 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Too bad. Always a pain to find out that you would need to go back and drill a hole through a finished body with the liner and carpet in.

But coming along very nicely. Looking forward to see the finished interior too.

The rear seatbelts not pulling properly ringed a bell - I had the same problem on my 94. The plastic cover over the spring and ratchet mechanism is so weak, that over time it can sag a bit and becomes a cup form. Then the spring can jump out. Have one fixed with a plastic shiftie and a zip-tie. Working since about 8 years.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:36 PM

I’m probably just going to use the lap belts from the 87 donor, no way I want to drill and thread something on this pristine body.

Also didn’t get the headliner wrapped today but no fear, I’m off work for the next two weeks!

Old 07-25-2018, 12:26 PM

Old 07-25-2018, 12:50 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Nice work. . Driven it yet?

Going to be luxury now with all that sound deadening. . making me jealous. Lol every time I put a little more insulation in mine it just makes the parts that still rattle that much more obvious/annoying.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:29 PM

I drove it to my shop this morning to do the headliner and it rides super nice considering almost everything is new...

Still no dash, stereo, windshield wipers (functioning anyway)... so a few more things to finish figuring out...

Old 07-25-2018, 01:31 PM

Luckily I have this to figure out the last bit of wiring before I reinstall the dash.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:33 PM

Old 07-25-2018, 03:54 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Well headliner looks great. . again I'm jealous lol. Hopefully putting the rest of it back together won't be too bad.

Quick Reply: 93 s10 blazer