Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

93 s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 04:51 AM
johncharles is on a distinguished road

Lousy dashboard and lousy computer. That is the last thing holding me back from completely drivable right now.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:18 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Can't wait to see it all done. Looks great now!

Old 07-27-2018, 12:06 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by johncharles
Lousy dashboard and lousy computer. That is the last thing holding me back from completely drivable right now.
I can only imagine on the dash. . .I haven't really looked up what's involved in removing it, but I'm sure it's not an easy task.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:27 PM

I got annoyed at the dashboard, vacuum hoses and getting it all in place so I can connect all the switches and put it back together. Hard to do it without a second set of hands and eyes to see where to route things as close to factory as possible. Even with the full service manual, running the wires and hoses and vacuum tubes is a pain in the butt. If anyone has any suggestions, I’m open to them.

So, I took a break from the dashboard and HVAC to wire up the fog lights.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 PM

Old 07-27-2018, 02:29 PM

I will need to get LED bulbs for the fog lights to match the headlights.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:15 PM

Finishing the dash tomorrow. Took a break for a couple days because my brain was fried from putting this thing back together. Also, need to replace an exhaust manifold gasket. The noise is getting absurd. Also have a rough idle. SES light was on - code 13, O2 sensor but I suspect the IAC and the not properly done vacuum lines under the hood.

after all that, I need to fix the mild oil leak. Then I’m just about done for this year. Well, after finishing the fabrication and installation of my audio system.

been flirting with the idea of lowering it this summer too. Not sure if I want to do this now or wait until V8 and AWD next year all in one swoop. I could always lower it for now (keys and blocks) and really redo the suspension during the bigger conversion.

Any thoughts??

Old 07-31-2018, 09:17 PM

Also - I found a 1992 Bravada with 81k on it in North Carolina. All working and the AWD is perfect (non-computer controlled). My sister lives down that way and we’re working out her getting it for me. I found the AWD donor!!! That and I want the floor console and leather seats.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:34 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Coming along nicely.

I'll have to dig into the routing of wires and vacuum lines once I'll be ready to swap the engines on my 94.

All the loosely routed stuff in the Blazer's engine compartment are a nightmare. You can pinch so many wires, plus it's a nightmare for repairs.

Aftermarket I don't have to save every inch of wire or hose because it will sum up to millions when building millions of vehicles. So it should become a nicer place afterwards.
Also for the dash been thinking about a solution in which to split the dash into multiple sections. But it will be quite some engineering to be done for the supports. Would be nice thou to access all that A/C and vacuum controlled stuff behind it.

Looking forward to see your interior.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:34 AM

Dashboard seats properly. Got all the wiring and vacuum tubes routed and the vent hoses. Now that I’ve got a handle on this, I have to take the dash out again anyway. Right now, I’m in the middle of the one step forward, two steps back finishing work.

Got a radio and 4 speakers in it though and completely realized how terrible the stereo sounds. Man, the dash location and side panels do not offer good sound reproduction. I’m going to build a new panel for the 6x9 location and house a set of components, the front doors will have the bottom panel built with fiberglass and have a 6.5” component woofer and 3” midrange in them and I’ll put that matching tweeter in the top of the dash. That ought to change the staging a bit. Oh yeah, and I’m gonna amp them all with a single 8” woofer built in back by the passenger rear wheel well in the cargo area.

with all the sound deadener, I have almost no road noise (not as quiet as my 335 but shockingly quiet) and with the double layered firewall insulation, the exhaust manifold leak is barely audible. I may toss a third layer on the firewall while I have the dash out again.

Pic of of the current dash coming in a little bit.

Quick Reply: 93 s10 blazer