Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95 Blazer convert center console 2 middle front seat!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Blazer convert center console 2 middle front seat!

i dont know if this is the rite section. i have a 95 Blazer Ls 4door 4wd. i want to take out my center console in between my front 2 seats and put a middle seat in with a seat belt. like in a 2000 silveradeo. i want to have the kind of middle seat like in my dad 2000 silverado. it doesnt have to to have the back that opens up but maybe the back that goes up and down and be use as a arm rest. i'm thinking that i that i will have to make the bottom part of the middle seat you sit on and the back part. i'm just wondering how long i would have to make the bottom part of the seat since both front seat are adjustable. and can i just get the bottom part of the seat out of a silverado and just chop/ cut and then re cover it to fit in between the seats. also where would i know what to put the seat? if it to far back or to close to the dash. plz help with comment and stuff.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:05 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Whos going to be sitting there, you have an anorexic child who has lost both legs? (God I hope you really dont now that I made the joke) If you want your girl to ride cowboy in the middle, then just toss the center console. there is seriously a 5 inch space between the seats, she can just lean over or jam her jacket down between the seats. There is about 5 inches between the seat belt bolts too. Im sure you could add another set of buckles onto those bolts, but the front and back just arent made to go 3 wide. 3 kids in the back of mine is tight. Also how are you going to make the seat move back and forth with the front buckets? And the middle persons bum is going to be digging into the 2 outer buckles all the time. Not a very comfy spot IMO and nevermind all that legroom.

Please to keep a thread going on this though, we like to see all custom projects come along.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

^I haven't laughed that hard all day. Aneroxic, limbless child...

The thing to do would be to snag a bench seat from a single cab S10, fab your own brackets, and viola!