Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95 Blazer Four door 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Your truck look very good, especially it being a 95 with fender flares, haven't seen that, good choice on tires, i wanted them a while back.

As for the body lift, i have one on my 98, 2", i believe u need a 15mm socket, and a 3/4 for the front, i may be wrong its been a while, if a lot of stuff is different since our trucks are 3yrs apart just check the install, but the oil cooler lines, the bracket on my was removed, the fan shroud has an extender with a few bolts to make it longer, i ditch it bc my fan kept hitting it, there were 10body mounts and the 4bumper mounts if you have that, there are 2 mounts that i didn't see directly above the wheels, just watch the lines running along drives frame mount, but they are fairly simple, sorry this post is super long.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
Tangvik1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Was there any problems with the mounting other than the screws? i guess they will be pretty hard to Get out after they Have been sitting there since 95! Have you had problems with the ones in the kit? Poor quality? Do you have a thread on the forum to?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

The screws have a strength of 8.8. I think it´s not so much, because the stock screw have 10.9.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Beginning Member

Sorry about the last confusing post, i was checing the thread on my phone so i mixed up your post's!

Carrico4: thank you, i like the flairs The car was sold new in Norway, so it had the flairs from stock!
The body lift info is really helpfull, i have access to an auto-shop so i think im okay with the tool's.
I guess it will go just fine as long as i dont miss any parts along the way of mounting it
I'll check out your build thread after dinner, looks like a real cool blazer you've got!

Christian 1984: It sounds like it is worth concidering! The bolts are longer too, so there will be more stress on them..

Old 10-03-2011, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I just got done installing a PA body lift on my '96 4 door. It looks way better. One thing I'd suggest is that you spray all the bolts with a penetrating oil a day or so before you do the install. Most of the body mount bolts should have a small access hole right beside the mount where you can stick the little straw into to get the oil on the top of the bolts. I had a really hard time with a couple of the bolts being seized, and I also broke a 15mm socket getting them all out.

Just follow the instructions to make sure that you don't miss disconnecting or loosening something, and take your time. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Beginning Member

Thats a great idea! I guess i'm gonna have to get an extra 15mm before i start too!

I'll take som pictures during and after, i guess it's gonna take some weeks before the kit arrives tough..

Have you got an build thread el_beautor?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

My socket bursted at the last bolt (on driver side in front of the rear wheel)
But I drilled it out an this f***ed up bolt was not oxidized at the thread, it was oxidized at the shim of the body mount.
When the head of the screw was drilled out, I was able to turn the bolt out by hand.

Fortunately, nobody heard me cursing.

So, I think you will have much fun. Haha.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

My build thread is here. I'm still very jealous of the European 4 door Blazers with the factory fender flares. I'm still hunting a set of flares for my Blazer.

My brother's 15mm socket split on body mount bolt #6. His didn't shatter, just split from the lip down to the base. Luckily I had 2 more with me.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Beginning Member

christian1984: The last bolt, really typical! But i guess it's good luck, when you could just thread it out Curising is standard prosedure in these situations, for me anyways! Haha! Hopefully, i can use air-tools on many of the bolts, usaly helps out a bit.

el_beautor: I realised i saw that thread the other day btw, it's a nice project! Good deal on the bodykit, thats a rare find! Yeah, the flair's are hard to find tough, i have a little damage on one, and has been looking for a replacement but they are hard to get! Hopefully you werent cursing too much with does hooligans around! hehe

Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

use pb blaster for like a week, i did for 5 days or so but i broke one body mount, still no bolt in it but it drives fine, my bumper is still not on however, i dont have the tool to cut it

Quick Reply: 95 Blazer Four door 4x4