Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics

Old 03-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Here you are... https://sstubes.com/TIN9805

Edit: they have all the lines but the link I posted is specifically for the intermediate line running from the front to back along the frame. That is for the 2door model but they have them for the 4 doors too.
oh yeh look at that. Thanks for the link. i might even buy one of them for when i do my front right side. that's the only one i haven't done

Old 03-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rex. I will have to keep them in mind. They aren't even that expensive.

Last edited by Tajohns34; 03-21-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Starting Member

Put in a new Dynomax exhaust system about a month ago and it sounded awesome

a week ago it blew one of the oil cooler lines out of the compression fittings and got oil everywhere. replaced them and sprayed the engine bay down with engine degreaser.

I'm afraid i have to be the bearer of bad news. I was on the turnpike yesterday driving to work. It was raining quite steady and it was probably around 56 degrees. There was a car accident a few cars ahead. someone drove through a puddle and hydroplaned. A semi pulled out in front of the car in front of me to avoid hitting the car. The person in front of me slowed down really quick, i applied my brakes in time to almost come to a stop before hitting his car had the car behind me not rear ended me. the car behind me pushed me into the car in front of me. this was all around 7:15 AM. I would have stopped in time had i not been plowed.

Unfortunately the damage is quite substantial even though it doesn't look like it. Both of my passenger side doors wont open. my trunk does. we did drive it home but the damage is bad. it broke the right leaf spring and pushed the spare tire so it is over the differential. it has about a half inch of clearance before it rubs. the trunk pan is bent upward too.

Front of it. not terrible. didn't blow airbags. the only thing damaged is lower valance and my license plate holder disappeared. i found the plate though.

The car that hit me. Don't be fooled, that is much worse than it looks. his bumper popped out but his rad support was pushed in around 8 inches.

Depending on what the insurance company says i am seriously going to try to save it. this car means so much more to me than any price they would give me for it and i feel terrible that this happened. every time i see it sitting in the driveway now i cringe. its like it is crying.

some close up damage. the frame rail on the right side is kinked in two places. the frame rail on the left is not as bad but it is kinked as well:

right frame rail. this the bad side. the leaf also snapped too:

left side frame rail:

i know its bad but this car was my world. if there is any way it can be saved i will do it. i know it would be easier to just buy another one that looks like it but it still won't be the same car. i'm not done with this forum though. i am always here to share pictures and offer expertise to those who need it. It's the least i can do for this forum providing me with its wealth of knowledge that has helped me so many times.

Attached Thumbnails 95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_072749.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_072741-1.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_073109.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_120443-1.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_175213.jpg  

95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_073906.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_073103-1.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_120210.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_120228.jpg   95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_120133.jpg  

95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics-20170513_120143.jpg  
Old 05-17-2017, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

It's always a sad day to read about a downed blazer.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
It's always a sad day to read about a downed blazer.
Yeh thanks man. There unfortunately is a good chance it won't be seeing the road again as much as I hate to say it.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your loss, must have been one heck of an impact to fold the frame like that. Maybe you can find another good example and use this one as a parts truck. Fortunately the 2nd gens are much more plentiful than the 1st gens.

Sucks that you have put so much work into it, and aren't able to repair. . . Getting hit like this is one of my biggest fears with my older vehicles. I put a 3rd brake lite and strobe module on my 85 Trans Am for visibility when hitting the brakes. Thinking I should add one to the 3rd brake light on my blazer too after reading this.

Question though. . did you notice any increase in performance from the Dynomax exhaust? My exhaust is shot, just have it patched up with muffler past right now, but will have to replace in the near future, and was looking at the Dynomax system or a Flowmaster Delta 50 muffler with new tail pipe.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by KnightBlazer
Sorry to hear about your loss, must have been one heck of an impact to fold the frame like that. Maybe you can find another good example and use this one as a parts truck. Fortunately the 2nd gens are much more plentiful than the 1st gens.

Sucks that you have put so much work into it, and aren't able to repair. . . Getting hit like this is one of my biggest fears with my older vehicles. I put a 3rd brake lite and strobe module on my 85 Trans Am for visibility when hitting the brakes. Thinking I should add one to the 3rd brake light on my blazer too after reading this.

Question though. . did you notice any increase in performance from the Dynomax exhaust? My exhaust is shot, just have it patched up with muffler past right now, but will have to replace in the near future, and was looking at the Dynomax system or a Flowmaster Delta 50 muffler with new tail pipe.
Yeh I was actually considering putting in one of those interior third brake lights and bolting it to the top before it got hit. You can never be too safe with brake lights in my opinion. The exhaust I took off was a 2.25" non-mandrel bent tubing tail pipe and a older dynomax muffler. I loved the sound of the new one and I did feel like it had a few more hp since the new one was mandrel bent and 2.5". I recommend it. It is a shame that it got pinched in the accident. I don't know if I will get another blazer because whenever I look at it, it will make me think of this one. But whatever I get, I'm sure it will feel like I'm stepping down. I loved that car to death but the time it would take and the money it would take to fix it, unfortunately is more than I can really do.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

It would be great for a parts vehicle. I hate to say it but I think it is beyond repair.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
It would be great for a parts vehicle. I hate to say it but I think it is beyond repair.
Yeh. I can't bring myself to scrap it. I never will. It means too much to me. But most of the interior panels are still good. The engine has 238k but my family has owned this car since it rolled off the lot at the dealership and everything has been maintained. Sucks because the transmission had like 12k on it. If I sell it as a parts car, that transmission will probably be the main reason someone would buy it. But I will probably sell a few of the things that are desirable. My full set of aluminum skid plates is high up on that list. I am going to keep the new JVC radio I put in. And I'll take out my speakers. But I don't really want to completely part it out. It kills me even thinking about getting rid of it but economically, it is just too much money to fix

Old 05-18-2017, 01:01 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback on the exhaust.

Really tough when it's been in the family since new like that. . was that way too when I got rid of my first car, but I didn't have a choice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics