Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 06:58 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Wow, tip of the hat to you guys, personally myself I would have gone to the wreckers with it. Only because I wouldn't of been able to do the work you guys have done. And after seeing this I would've kicked hself in the ***** for not trying
Definitely worth the 230$. Congrats again

Old 05-31-2017, 07:28 AM
Starting Member
95teal4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
Wow, tip of the hat to you guys, personally myself I would have gone to the wreckers with it. Only because I wouldn't of been able to do the work you guys have done. And after seeing this I would've kicked hself in the ***** for not trying
Definitely worth the 230$. Congrats again
Thanks DonL. I think it was worth every penny

Old 06-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Are you getting anything from the driver that hit you? It looks great by the way. I think most people would junk it because they don't have the ability to do this kind of work themselves.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
Are you getting anything from the driver that hit you? It looks great by the way. I think most people would junk it because they don't have the ability to do this kind of work themselves.
unfortunately no. Not a penny for that hit. The driver that hit me stopped paying for his insurance 3 days before he hit me. I got a letter of denial from his insurance company that said that. It sucks. Because it will never be perfect again but I'm glad I still get to enjoy cruising around in it again. I haven't done much too it for about a month. But it is completely solid.

I have put probably at least 1,300 miles on it since the crash and I have had no problems whatsoever. I drive 30 miles each way to my work all highway so it adds up fast. It since has gotten 2 more new tires so now it has all brand new tires around it with brand new rear brakes.

oh and I also bought some lift shackles off eBay and installed them about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It sits nice and high in the back. Probably about a 1 1/4" lift. I haven't gotten around to cranking the t-bars but it looks pretty good raked. I'll post some pictures soon

Old 09-20-2017, 09:30 AM
zs_v8jimmy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 95teal4x4
I have put probably at least 1,300 miles on it since the crash and I have had no problems whatsoever. I drive 30 miles each way to my work all highway so it adds up fast. It since has gotten 2 more new tires so now it has all brand new tires around it with brand new rear brakes.
Serious props to you for getting that thing roadworthy again. When I was looking at your thread and seen the extent of the damage I thought that it was done for, but the repair pics give me hope. I'm currently working on a 1994 S10 Blazer myself so stuff like this give me motivation to keep working as well.

Hope to see some more updates on this!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by zs_v8jimmy
Serious props to you for getting that thing roadworthy again. When I was looking at your thread and seen the extent of the damage I thought that it was done for, but the repair pics give me hope. I'm currently working on a 1994 S10 Blazer myself so stuff like this give me motivation to keep working as well.

Hope to see some more updates on this!
Thanks. Yeh when I got out and saw how far out my quarter panel had bent out, I almost teared up. I thought it would never see the road again. But amazingly I started jacking with the bottle Jack and it started to very slowly pull back in. It's never going to be perfect again but it is still my daily driver good luck with your project too. It just takes some time and patience.

while I am at it, here is some current pics. I don't have pics of it yet but I put led bulbs in my window switches the other day.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

It still looks so much better. I wish my 2000 was in this good of shape.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:48 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

That's damn clean for being rearended hard enough to buckle the frame like that. Cudo's to you sir, well done on the repairs!

Old 09-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
It still looks so much better. I wish my 2000 was in this good of shape.
Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
That's damn clean for being rearended hard enough to buckle the frame like that. Cudo's to you sir, well done on the repairs!
Thanks Guys. Yeh the frame was bent really bad. Although every time i look at the quarter i am reminded of that day, I am also kind of proud that I got it back on the road without the help of a shop.

I got rear ended so hard that it pushed me into the car in front of me. Not too bad but enough to leave a dent. It gave me an excuse to take apart the front end and Bedliner my rad support while I was beating the dent out of the front bumper and fixing the bent up lower valance. I will post some pics of that once I get home

Last edited by 95teal4x4; 09-21-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Beginning Member
cthacker is on a distinguished road

Nice build man. must admit....when I got to the part where it was wrecked I told myself the insurance company would total it out for sure. outstanding work on getting it road worth again. I know myself I don't have the space, time, or tools to do that extensive work. cudos to you and your dad. keep up the great work and cant wait to see what comes next on it. heres my 97 DD with 147k on the dash. nothing special by any means but its my heavily abused baby lol

Quick Reply: 95Teal4X4's DD Build, Lots of Pics