Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road

Alright lol well good luck

Old 06-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Beginning Member
Miami_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Have you seen these pics?

I want something like the jeeps have but atleast we can get an idea on how to mount the buttons.

Attached Thumbnails 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back-screenshot_2015-06-11-08-57-35-1.png   97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back-screenshot_2015-06-11-08-58-04-1.png  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Beginning Member

So I was looking into it and might have found a way to make the cover work without doing too much custom work.

So Its possible to buy a used roll bar from a truck like that s10 has in the pic. Maybe get one thats a little longer so it reaches to the tailgate. That way the cover doesnt sag down and ppl can sit under it. Then buy the rails from a tonneau cover (see pic) and install them on the roof and along the sides of the rear of the blazer. Then try to make a cover from a jeep to fit and clip on.

Lmk what u think lol

Attached Thumbnails 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back-21510-4x4-2wd-wheels-265-70-16-tires-1404-tremblay-1.jpg   97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back-lund-tonneau-covers-genesis-snap-1-1.jpg  
Old 06-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Beginning Member

No I didn't see that pic but that looks exactly how I thought I would want it that's crazy , lmao and yea that would be perfect to do I need to find the stuff to do it

Old 06-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by blazerbeast01
No I didn't see that pic but that looks exactly how I thought I would want it that's crazy , lmao and yea that would be perfect to do I need to find the stuff to do it
LOL awesome. It came to me a few hours ago when I saw an older jeep with roll bars and I saw the rails on a truck in my parking lot with the tonneau cover off.

As soon as I get the other blazer im buying the stuff

Old 06-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member

Sounds good I think for now I will go with what they've done with the blue one , get everything going good and see what I can come up with lol but when you do let me know how it goes because that will be bad *** . You gonna lift it ?

Old 06-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member

Sounds good I think for now I will go with what they've done with the blue one , get everything going good and see what I can come up with lol but when you do let me know how it goes because that will be bad *** . You gonna lift it ?

yea that was cool what he did, I would do that too if it was my daily. But since im thinking of putting seats back there thats not gonna work for me. And yea man lift kit,tires,rear diff. locker and a winch to get her mudding.Then go replacing parts as I go. I also want to do that electric fan mod a few ppl have done. I seen a few jeeps blow they're motors because it over heated while trying to get out of a mud hole.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member

Sounds good and yea that's my life right now parts after parts lol one day I'll throw some nice tires on it , guy at work has some five star rims I beleive they was any way for a 100 bucks here soon might try and snag them I want the mean stance where the tire and rims stick out

Old 06-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Beginning Member

Sounds good and yea that's my life right now parts after parts lol one day I'll throw some nice tires on it , guy at work has some five star rims I beleive they was any way for a 100 bucks here soon might try and snag them I want the mean stance where the tire and rims stick out

Cool, I was thinking of buying those Bart wheels from summit racing. They look decent for 50 bucks a piece. Dont need anything fancy for the mud lol

Btw I had a question regarding the hatch. Can I install the tailgate from the 2dr to the 4dr after I cut the roof on it. Will that work or do u think i have to fab something up?

Last edited by Miami_Blazer; 06-14-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:26 AM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Miami_Blazer
Cool, I was thinking of buying those Bart wheels from summit racing. They look decent for 50 bucks a piece. Dont need anything fancy for the mud lol
I would hold off on the Bart wheels. I ordered some about a month ago and just got an email saying they're going to take even longer than I originally was told. From what I've read Bart can be very slow on getting products to the customers.

Quick Reply: 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back