Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Beginning Member
Miami_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lazyboyjake
I would hold off on the Bart wheels. I ordered some about a month ago and just got an email saying they're going to take even longer than I originally was told. From what I've read Bart can be very slow on getting products to the customers.
Oh really? That sucks. They

Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by lazyboyjake
I would hold off on the Bart wheels. I ordered some about a month ago and just got an email saying they're going to take even longer than I originally was told. From what I've read Bart can be very slow on getting products to the customers.
Oh really? That sucks. I saw that like 3 other brands sell the same wheels for the same price. Maybe u can cancel your order and go thru them.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure it will , but I found mine on a four door but it looks like they maybe are the same , if your going to pull it from the junk yard all you have to do is remove the latches that keep it shut with the gate and mount them on one in the junk yard the same as yours and the only thing that needs to be done is the hinges landed up and welded on to yours

Old 06-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Beginning Member

Take a sawzal with a few battery's with you to get the hinges off the body . And when your testing it out you will find the bottom sticks out (hammer+lip) makes it shut flush here's a pic right above the hinges is what you need to beat upward to get it to shut right . Take a pair of pliers Bend it up tord the front of the car first then smash it in as much as possible

Attached Thumbnails 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back-image.jpg  
Old 06-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by blazerbeast01
I'm pretty sure it will , but I found mine on a four door but it looks like they maybe are the same , if your going to pull it from the junk yard all you have to do is remove the latches that keep it shut with the gate and mount them on one in the junk yard the same as yours and the only thing that needs to be done is the hinges landed up and welded on to yours
Oh ok. Since im gonna have both 2dr and 4dr, ill see which one fits the best. Im gonna start stripping the 2dr next month, Im in the middle of moving so i havent had much time to mess with it.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 AM
Beginning Member

Heck yea I wish I had both lol , and yea the move has to happen first

Old 06-15-2015, 09:44 AM
Beginning Member

Heck yea I wish I had both lol , and yea the move has to happen first
Im gonna strip the 2dr and take the frame to the scrap yard. Then sell the parts that im not gonna use for the 4dr. I need some extra cash to pick up the 4dr. Buying a house set me back a couple thousand bucks lol

Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Beginning Member

Ha yea well my about 400 bucks on a trans first one went into limp mode , so I replaced it well this one wasn't getting power , checked the fuse no power so replaced key wiring harness boom power , well 3-4 is out first trans was still good lmao 8 buck part from pull a part caused all this . So back to looking for a rebuild kit told you part after part never stops but can't let my baby go

Old 06-15-2015, 09:56 AM
Beginning Member

Ha yea well my about 400 bucks on a trans first one went into limp mode , so I replaced it well this one wasn't getting power , checked the fuse no power so replaced key wiring harness boom power , well 3-4 is out first trans was still good lmao 8 buck part from pull a part caused all this . So back to looking for a rebuild kit told you part after part never stops but can't let my baby go
400 on a trans? Shiiiit and i was gonna sell the one on the 2dr for 150 lol and it has 84k miles

Old 06-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Beginning Member

Well I got a used one for 80 then paid two people to put it in ( faster then me ) lets just say they didn't do anything right so I had to redo it then all the fluids and seals and stuff but I wish I lived by you that would be nice

Quick Reply: 97 blazer lt 4x4 chopped back