Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

97 Detroit Diesel Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Glad you did your research on the Detroits! I just happen to work with 16V92 and an 8V71 so the max RPM you mentioned makes sense. Good luck with the build. I just didnt want to see you build a sweet ride with a max road speed of 48 mph!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was someone else asking about a diesel swap not to long ago.. Cant remember who but he wanted to use a Cummings. A lot of work but hey if you pull it off right itll be a bad blazer

Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

theres was also that other diesel swap ... the benz motor swap one too. they were getting pretty far before they stopped posting. and actually had it driveable...

Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
blazin_buffalo is on a distinguished road

once its all sorted out and on the road i am curious as to how the fuel millage would be i think withe the right trans you could end up with some impressive numbers if you build it right and drive it to get the best fuel millage. i used to work on semi's for a large fleet and even with identical trucks some drivers got significantly better fuel millage than others just due to driving habbits and speed

Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
theres was also that other diesel swap ... the benz motor swap one too. they were getting pretty far before they stopped posting. and actually had it driveable...

oh, he finished it.

he just parked it for the winter, and was planing to do a SVO set-up on it last Spring, but has gone AWOL since Christmas '09.

too bad, it alll came together so nicely.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:52 AM
Beginning Member
boostedretard is on a distinguished road

the weather cleared and I had just got on the project. The motor in the pictures is still sitting about 4-6" up from where it should be. The oil filter base is getting in the way so far.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
maddie's dad is on a distinguished road

I drove a Gamma goat in the Army back in the 1980's. That is a really quick revving motor! Those Detroit 2-strokes scream like nothing else out there. The Goat weighed quite a bit compared to the blazer you are putting it in. Man I envy you! I am always daydreaming and brainstorming stuff like this. Just never have the time or spare cash to pull it off. I'll be watching for updates!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:16 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Wow, this is really coming along well. Can't wait to see it finished!! Nice job

Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Beginning Member
boostedretard is on a distinguished road

Its coming along slowly. I have been just working on chopping out the motor mount perches and ditching the IFS. I plan to use full width solid axles. dana 44 or 60 in front and possibly the 14 bolt rear out of my 3/4 chevy as I had planned upgrading the truck to a 1 ton rear. Gm 8 lug hubs of course. SM465 4 speed with a np205 transfer.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

dude this is gonna be so fricked whicked when its done

Quick Reply: 97 Detroit Diesel Blazer Build