Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

98 Bravada Project

Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
FoxTrota is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 Bravada Project

Im excited, my friends mom gave me her 98 Bravada. Its in bad shape in the interior, and theres most likely some big engine problems but I want a project to work on, and i like the Bravada cause its a unique Blazer . I see potential in her and she needs a good home.
I have plans to reupholster the entire interior which will probably be the most expensive part, the engine may possibly need to be rebuilt, new starter. little things here and there.

I also need a new bumper face, i have the old one but its a little messed up, i might be able to reuse it.

Whacha think?

Attached Thumbnails 98 Bravada Project-imgp1211.jpg   98 Bravada Project-imgp1213.jpg   98 Bravada Project-imgp1212.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I would say you need a new bumper too, and possibly a Rad support ... also with a hit like that I would hope you have the frame checked for any bending and or other damage before you go and sink money into it. Other than that looks like it could be a fun project

Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM

the radiator support is fine, its the bumper that got pushed up and took the force of the impact breaking the light and warped the grille, doesn't look like the frame took any damage.

Attached Thumbnails 98 Bravada Project-imgp1214.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt you can pull the bumper reinforcement back into shape to hold the bumper cover properly. I mean, given enough time and money, I am sure you could do it, but it would likely be much cheaper to just get another reinforcement beam from the junkyard to swap in.

Looks like it will be a good project. If the engine needs work, why not just drop in an SCFI v8?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I doubt you can pull the bumper reinforcement back into shape to hold the bumper cover properly. I mean, given enough time and money, I am sure you could do it, but it would likely be much cheaper to just get another reinforcement beam from the junkyard to swap in.

Looks like it will be a good project. If the engine needs work, why not just drop in an SCFI v8?
Well that's a given, a new bumper is only $50, i mean the plastic bumper face cover, that I'm unable to find. If i wanted to go all out id put a V8 in but im a little tight on money and i like V6's

Old 07-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Default Update

Update:

Since i have time i thought I'd make an update on whats going on with my project.

I got the Car to my house back in April, Cleaned it up a bit to make it feel welcome. Then tried to get it started, one of the cylinder's was hydro-locked which was why it wasn't starting. So after spending money on an unneeded starter(s). Replaced the plugs and it ran pretty good w/ the exception of the knock. My friend said it sounded like it could be the camshaft. The AWD doesn't engage so I'm pretty sure i need a new Motor for that. One day i decided to just take it all apart.

Until i get a good income i won't be able to buy alot, but i figured i'll do half of the work which is just cleaning and stripping the thing. I have alot planned for it.

The Entire Album:
http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ilion/Bravada/

Cleaned it

Nasty Interior

Detailed Exterior so it doesn't look like crap

Detailed Roof (damn leafs)

Immaculately Presentable

Engine Work Time!

Disassembling...

Many Parts to clean

Intake... :P

Just waiting to take the camshaft out and i'll be able to get a better idea of the extent of the damage. In the mean time i decided why not redo the interior.

Before (yuck)

Removed all the interior panels Dash anything plastic + Vacuumed

After long hours into the late evening i finished

Then while i finished that i started refinishing the panels, Black + Beige interior

Everything stored all over my room

Finished Added new dash board bezel two tone and removed carpet + headliner

Installed panels to see how it will look

Cleaned all the windows and floor, tidied up some wires, drew up some wiring plans for my strobe kit and interior lights plus a few other goodies.

I plan to get the engine out and into my garage by the Fall so i don't have to work in the fricken freezing cold.

I keep ya updated

Last edited by swartlkk; 08-10-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Added clickable thumbnails from photobucket. PM me for details if you want.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks like a good project. I always liked the options the Bravadas came with. Its a shame someone let it get like that. It always bothers me when people don't take care of their stuff and run it into the ground, and I feel like i'm always fixing everyone elses junk. If you take care of it and do it right it will be your baby.

If I can make a suggestion about the engine, it may be worth it to purchase a used long block from the junkyard. It would save you a ton of money, and a huge amount of time, to just drop in something complete vs machine work and parts. Run your costs before you get into it because it can cost A LOT. Ask me how I know lol.

So good luck! hope to see it up and running

Old 08-10-2009, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Man... to strip a car down like that and bring it back up just like you want it... When its completely perfect... your smile wont ever leave.. keep up the nice work...

Old 08-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pictures! Keep up the good work!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
c0a8l0v6i8n9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great progress! I agree good pictures. Doing a great job!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 Bravada Project