Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

99 4 door blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

My drivers side front was the only good one.

I gotta take the replacement ones out as they are too short, and I had to go way down on the torsion keys lol.

Not a recommended fix, but was better then what I had and works

Old 05-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

My fronts went and the passenger side blew all the oil out and my torsion bars sagged right out so couldn’t even do that. Replaced torsion bars and control arm bushings and shocks now it’s nice

Old 05-20-2021, 07:19 PM
BF Veteran

So with us moving over the last month, be out by the end of May, I came across another project lol...

Base will be welded to stock side rails, little one will be mounted to the cap of the sonoma

Got one for each side, going to be cut a little shorter

Got two of these, cutting the top to match the height of the sides

Old 05-20-2021, 11:19 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I have the same bed frame that I'm going to use for my roof rack! We just finished moving last week. So I'm hoping to get back to work on my blazer and start the makeover on the purple jimmy.

Old 05-26-2021, 07:35 PM
BF Veteran

So the ignition cylinder locked up on the wife the other day, and I'm finally at a point I can post mote about it lol.

The key was put in the back acc position for radio power. Key was pulled out while in that position. I wasn't able to turn the wheel, or turn the key back into position no mater the method.

Got it towed home from the gas station, then started tear down.

I'm not sure exactly what broke, but assuming it has to do with this part(locks the shifter in place when the key is not in).

Inside mechanism was out of place after ignition cylinder removed

Had to move ignition switch back into proper position

After day 1 tear down and had to move it lol

Old 07-06-2021, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran

Not much happening... taking a road trip in a couple of days, so needed to get work done...

Fresh oil and filter, and finally got the rc front shocks on! Tightened the tbars again, and she sits nice again!!!

No finish pics, but I'll get action shots tomorrow 🤪

Aftermarket heavy-duty absorber, supposed to be good for lifter blazer of 2"-4"..........

Right......................

Old 07-13-2021, 04:30 PM
BF Veteran

Got these made at a 123$ price tag.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:27 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Any progress on the zr2 differentials swap? I'm debating on doing the same on my blazer or possibly a low lift sas swap. Ofcourse all this is a ways off, I still need to get a drive train back in it lol. I think this blazer will be the wife's wheeler/winter driver.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran

As of right now, everything is ready to go in. All parts are here, minus a couple of small.piece items that can be ran for if needed.

She is scheduled to be dropped off Tuesday night, the mechanic says it should be a 2 day job(only guy working in the shop and has other jobs he rotates), so should be back by the weekend...

Really hoping it's that quick lol.... will update this thread and the axle swap thread when she's out of surgery...

Old 07-28-2021, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran

Blazer has been dropped off today! Really looking foward to getting her back already lol...

Had trouble starting it today, not too sure why, sounded and felt like she wasnt getting enough fuel on prime, or the pump was shutting off.

I swapped the relay under the hood with the latch relay, and it started right up! Gonna see what the issue is when I get it back.

Oh and he's finally gonna install thw rough country torsion keys lmao... that should help with things🤪(edit: he didn't get to installing the keys)

Last edited by DonL; 09-16-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 99 4 door blazer