Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Altoncustomtech's 2001 Jimmy = slow audio build

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

Looking good, how much deadener did you use on each door? What's the depth of your mid drivers and what's the thickness of your baffles? I'm in the process of doing my front doors. Would you happen to remember how thick you could have made the baffle without modifying your stock door grills? thanks

Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ExplicitYourSelf
Looking good, how much deadener did you use on each door? What's the depth of your mid drivers and what's the thickness of your baffles? I'm in the process of doing my front doors. Would you happen to remember how thick you could have made the baffle without modifying your stock door grills? thanks
Thanks. I used one sheet of SS Damp pro on the outer skin, and one on the inner skin. A standard door pack has twice as much as I used, if that helps explain it any better. They come with 8, I only used 4 on both doors. The baffles I cut out are 2.25" thick and if I can remember correctly I think only 1" or so could still fit behind the door card without modifying it.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

ok, Thanks for the info. =) I just got my baffles made today. i cut up four .50" mdf rings and will glue to of them together to use per door, we'll see how that goes. thanks again.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 AM

Okay, so I'm finally getting a little something done on this. I'm working on completing the door baffles for the Bravox CS60K components so that I can get them installed then get the amp rack built and installed. Hopefully by then the last 8 will have sold and I'll have the XCON and it's PR's coming and a box getting built.

Here's the first one with the back cut out.

And the second

Here they are side by side, and no the holes aren't done yet.

I think I've said it many times before, but I love routers. They're versatile and handy tools without which many things in this hobby would be very difficult to build. If you don't have one, go buy yourself a couple, lol. Here's mine getting ready to clean up those cuts with a 1/2" x 1" flush trim router bit. Made this job EASY. It only took 5 minutes to rough cut the holes with the jig saw, it only took 2 minutes to clean them up.

Here's the finished holes. I've got them hanging there for sealing purposes. I'm applying some polyurethane to help seal the MDF first. Then I'm going to be covering them with bed liner.

That's it until I get the bed liner picked up.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:57 AM

Got the liner on the baffles. Looking to get them installed this weekend if the good weather holds out.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:53 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

is that your work garage or home? a back hoe looks pretty small in the large space

Old 02-19-2012, 12:36 PM

That's the garage at work. My personal shop is actually a larger space though it doesn't have the kick *** working and free heat we have in the garage at work. Perfect for painting type activities I can keep it any temperature I want.

Along with the back hoe is a 9,000lb. lift capacity CAT fork truck in there too.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:23 PM

I'll have pics as soon as it all comes in but I've got my Singer 250A alternator, 10" SSA XCON subwoofer and pair of 10" passive radiators with matching XCON dustcaps all ordered this week. I also ordered my K&N CAI and PCMForLess tuned PCM for the Jimmy as well. Can't wait to start getting this stuff in the truck!!!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

looking good alton! keep up the good work

Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 AM

Well, I know you've all seen sub unboxings before and at the risk of being a complete and total bore I'll show the unboxing of the 10" XCON anyway. Mainly because I know how much you guys love sub ****!!

First impressions are that this thing has a nearly inexplicably large motor, lol. Not really but the size of it makes removing it from the shipping box without destroying said box nearly impossible. I seriously wonder how the hell they pack them without tearing up the box. Of course the build quality is second to none. Everything is perfectly lined up, no excess glue, just perfection. I can't wait to hand this to a couple of good friends and see the looks on their faces!!

Did I mention the motor on this thing is massive? Huge?

I loved seeing the number of tinsel leads on this thing. Much like my Q's there's more than enough tinsel lead there to handle all the power this thing can take.

I can't wait to get pics of everything else up and everything in. I have my PCMforless tuned PCM here along with the K&N CAI. I'm still trying to decide exactly what to do on the exhaust and the efan mods. So there's definitely more to come.

Quick Reply: Altoncustomtech's 2001 Jimmy = slow audio build