Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Altoncustomtech's 2001 Jimmy = slow audio build

Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Thanks bro, got the CS60K's for the Jimmy. Wasn't really planned but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:53 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

genious idea on the type R cups. i would never have thought of that. I feel it as kind of weird that i see your build on both SSA and here haha. i'd feel really stalkerish if i posted in both lol.

can't wait to see the subs/amp install

Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Like I said on SSA, j-roadtatts (Jared) had the idea. He's a pretty smart fella and if you want to see a wild build you oughta check out his Accord, thing is just nuts.

I dunno, posting in both forums would only help your post count, lol. I guess I could say I appreciate the following, shows me that someone is appreciating all the work.

You can't wait to see the subs and amps installed??!?!!!? I can't wait to get them all installed!!!!!! LOL

Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran

haha! i just wish i had a few toys like you haha

i've seen Jared's whole install with the 3's on the dash and the 10s for midbass in the doors and his btl sealed.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:33 PM

those 10's were replaced with 12's and the BTL is in a very low tuned ported enclosure sealed to the cabin of the car.... it's a hell of a nice install...

Old 05-20-2011, 03:16 AM
BF Veteran

it is, wish i could hear it in person. the only systems from SSA i've heard are Dave's Van with 2 Zcons and Hove's 2 PSI subs that were no where near as impressive to me as the van is.

keep it going, although i hate working on my blazer, they are very easy to do audio in

Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM

WOOOHOOOO!!!

This build is finally starting to kick off!!! Did a lot of work this weekend pulling out all the rear trim panels from behind the front doors to the tailgate to install CLD and CCF behind it all. I also put some strips of CCF in spots where the plastic rubs and makes way too much noise. I also started on the doors, and will have pictures of them up soon, for now I got a few pics of the process in the back to put up. Again, due to the heat it's not a step by step photo shoot, but it should give an idea of the work involved.

Here's a quick shot of the CLD and CCF. It's a roll of the old RaamMat BXT60 I've had for awhile and some of the RaamAudio peal and stick CCF.

From behind the truck with everything tore out of the driver's side.

And the process as I got pictures of it.....

That's basically it until the process with the doors is complete. A note to anyone who's been thinking about installing sound deadening but haven't due to wondering whether or not it's worth it or not, don't short change yourselves. The difference it makes in the amount of road noise you hear, the squeaks and rattles from panels, and the overall sound of your music to your ears is well worth the time, effort and money it costs to do it. I took the Jimmy for a quick drive to test everything out, and with a couple of the worst gravel roads leading either direction away from my house I have a great test bed to find every little squeak, rattle and annoying noise a vehicle can possibly have. I heard pretty much nothing from the rear of the truck, at least not over the squeaks and rattles of the doors and dash. Even the noise of the gravel under the tires was lessened and with so much less noise the PG's have never sounded better or as loud. Now on to the doors and installation of the Bravox CS60K's!!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Looking good! I agree on the deadening. I was surprised how much difference it made in my jimmy. Ya it's a lot of work, but it's worth it. I have a similar build in the works for the g/f's blazer. Same PG comps, 2 sa-8s, saz1000, and sax100.2.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran

i love the sound deadening of vehicles for the difference of before and after. my truck is amazing now when doing 70 on the highway.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Looking good! I agree on the deadening. I was surprised how much difference it made in my jimmy. Ya it's a lot of work, but it's worth it. I have a similar build in the works for the g/f's blazer. Same PG comps, 2 sa-8s, saz1000, and sax100.2.
Thanx man! You're right, it's well worth the hard work. She should like it quite well, the PG comps are probably the best budget comps I've found for their price point. Can't wait to hear what you think of the SA-8's same as I can't wait to hear mine!!

Originally Posted by MTopper
i love the sound deadening of vehicles for the difference of before and after. my truck is amazing now when doing 70 on the highway.
Preach on brotha, you're so right. Too bad the damn factories couldn't do it right in the first place, cheap bastards.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Altoncustomtech's 2001 Jimmy = slow audio build