Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Benedict's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

its not that hard as long as you have the right tools.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

You just won me over! I love your rig! Everything is done perfectly. I love the toolbox and shovel lol. Such a good lookin rig! I may have missed it in the 29 pages but what model are your lights?

Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran

they are blazer baja lights from advance auto. They are KC clones, only a lot cheaper. They are $18 a light instead of $110 a pair. lol and the toolbox on the rood only lasted for a while... I was getting terrible gas millage with that. I need to find a better way to mount the shovel up there thou

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...%7CGRP2044____

these are much brighter than the 55 watt driving lights

Old 11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
its not that hard as long as you have the right tools.
did you explain anything about it in detail where i can read?

otherwise a quick rune through would be much appreciated

Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 PM

they are blazer baja lights from advance auto. They are KC clones, only a lot cheaper. They are $18 a light instead of $110 a pair. lol and the toolbox on the rood only lasted for a while... I was getting terrible gas millage with that. I need to find a better way to mount the shovel up there thou

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...%7CGRP2044____

these are much brighter than the 55 watt driving lights
Are they really bright. Cuz the ones I have are bright but I want to put HIDs in them to make them brighter. But 2 sets for headlights, factory fogs and 2 sets of roof lights i too much money for HIDs lol

Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian_D
did you explain anything about it in detail where i can read?

otherwise a quick rune through would be much appreciated
https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/teaser-best-thing-ever-45282/ and I believe warthogdriver also posted a thread in the DIY section..

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Are they really bright. Cuz the ones I have are bright but I want to put HIDs in them to make them brighter. But 2 sets for headlights, factory fogs and 2 sets of roof lights i too much money for HIDs lol
The lights I have on my bull bar and roof are almost as bright as my HID's. When I had 55 watts on the bull bar I couldn't see them when the HID's were on but with the 100 watts I can still see the halogen colored lights with my HID's. they work better than the HID's for distance because you can point them out much further than your headlights without worrying about your headlights being pointed up too high. but I think someday I will convert my 7 round lights to HID's too... only problem I see with converting them especially the roof lights is where to hide the balasts since they aren't supposed to get wet....

Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i don't see hiding the ballasts for the roof rack as an easy one but i don't see how hard it'd be for the fog lights

Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45282 and I believe warthogdriver also posted a thread in the DIY section..

The lights I have on my bull bar and roof are almost as bright as my HID's. When I had 55 watts on the bull bar I couldn't see them when the HID's were on but with the 100 watts I can still see the halogen colored lights with my HID's. they work better than the HID's for distance because you can point them out much further than your headlights without worrying about your headlights being pointed up too high. but I think someday I will convert my 7 round lights to HID's too... only problem I see with converting them especially the roof lights is where to hide the balasts since they aren't supposed to get wet....
They handle getting wet just fine......

My balasts sit right be hind my grill, and It is a night and day difference when you put the HID's in the lights.

130 watt kc bulb VS 35watt 4500k HID

Old 11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
BF Veteran

yea... my balasts for my headlights are in my grill and they get wet all the time.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 AM

I was looking on stylintrucks and KC has HID lights ready made. $1400 for 2 lol No thanks lol I know Chris (Old Skool Luvr) showed me his HIDs and there is quite a bit of wire between the ballast and bulb. Maybe route them just inside the roof and put them under the head liner. I'm sure you could also request a longer length of wire from factory for a bit $$ more. But as you guys said yours get wet all the time. so maybe just right on the roof.

Quick Reply: Benedict's Blazer