Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Benedict's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

These headlights work much better than the blazer ones. There arent near as many hotspots from my HID's in these new lights. I like them because there is hardly any orange in these lights

Old 01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Wow. That looks good! Theres a champagne one around here and it looks gross lol. Black looks great! Time to update the sig lol

Old 01-03-2011, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran

lol I gotta get it nice and clean first... its all muddy and gross right now. I'm looking for a replacement fog but I can't seem to find them anywhere, all that comes up on ebay is the cheap HID crap and the ones to the older bravadas any ideas where I could find one?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM

All I can suggest is trying something aftermarket. They look close to the size of my roof lights.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran

I have a feeling that is what I'm going to have to do

Old 01-04-2011, 03:02 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
hmmm thats the main problem I was thinking since if i got one like that I wouldn't have the key... but I do have the remote idk...
it's the same system on a TG truck as the LG trucks. just some of the newer trucks don't have the key/button on the TG. too bad you didn't do this a fe wmonths ago, i sent a 4 door Blazer w/TG to the scrap. had the key lock/button in it and everything. saved that, but not the other hardware.

Originally Posted by wGraves
I know on my 96 you really don't even need the key. As long as the blazer is unlocked you can press the button and it will pop the top glass. Lift it up then pull the tailgate latch on the inside panel. The only thing I can think of that might stop you from doing it would be the struts on the tailgate to support/lower the gate. I'm not sure if the liftgate has it or not.
as long as the driver's door is unlocked, the rear window button will "pop" the window.

no, the LG trucks do not have the mounts for the struts down there. like i stated above, i had a TG truck @ my place for awhile, and when i gutted the TG for the inside handle assembly (another project), i noticed the difference between it & my truck with the LG.

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Some cars were, most weren't. The Z I found was resting on the ground. Did you find the stabilizer on any non-ZR2 trucks? I checked about 60 trucks (a few different yards) and only found the one ZR2 that had it. I didn't think they came on regular Blazers. Also, make sure you have the bracket in front of the diff for it. I've read on here that some trucks don't have the bracket.

i know on the late 1st gens it was waaaay more common (seen them on a couple of '93's & my brothers '94 Jimmy). while i have that bracket on my frame as well Ryan, i haven't been able to find the actual center link yet. but i thank you Matt, for posting this up (pic & question), 'cause i honestly never thought about looking @ a ZR for it. might just check the price with my part supplier to compare it to a wrecker piece.

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
These headlights work much better than the blazer ones. There arent near as many hotspots from my HID's in these new lights. I like them because there is hardly any orange in these lights
what hot spots are you getting from you HID HL's? and what were you refering to when you mention the lack of "orange" in your lights?

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Wow. That looks good! Theres a champagne one around here and it looks gross lol. Black looks great! Time to update the sig lol
a champagne ZR? where? or were you refering to a Bravada?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Bravada Chris lol. There is a white ZR tho and it looks sexy!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
BF Veteran

see how in the jimmy headlights with the fogs there is a lot more amber than in my headlights. and on blazers there is the corners below the headlights that are amber. and the hot spots I was talking about is more of the light is distributed more evenly with these new headlights than the blazer headlights, they almost look like I had projectors.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 PM

I saw the pic and the thoughts running through my head were. "found these cheap" "got these at the wreckers" "had a set of these laying around" lol

I'm on a search for those and I have Chris looking too lol.

PS Do the quad beam mod. It is amazingly simple and the amount of light output is unreal.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Need to polish up those headlights now. They are a little "gloomy".

Quick Reply: Benedict's Blazer