Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Benedict's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol sometimes its brown sometimes its black haha

Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Seriously man, this rig is freaking sweet!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
ravenhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the first time I've looked at your build thread Benedict. I'll have to say, a phenomenal job! Kiwi's blazer is also a inspiration to me... and you've added to it. I REALLY like the tire rack on the back.
Can I ask you why you opted to go with the KC lights instead of the rectangular ones? I dug the blueish hint the sqaure ones had. Were they made by anyone of note?
Also what roof rack is that? I wanted to get one but I don't like the looks of the Surco's, and knock off brands look poorly made. The Surco safari's look a little too tall for my taste... but then again most racks look to be about 4-5". I poked around the interwebs and couldn't find that style your rockin.

Last edited by ravenhurst; 06-18-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: 20 Questions
Old 06-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
added a shovel and tool box today.. next is the high lift jack
Where was this taken at? i live in pa as well and it kinda looks like a place near me called Blue Hole near Perryopolis pa

Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ravenhurst
This is the first time I've looked at your build thread Benedict. I'll have to say, a phenomenal job! Kiwi's blazer is also a inspiration to me... and you've added to it. I REALLY like the tire rack on the back.
Can I ask you why you opted to go with the KC lights instead of the rectangular ones? I dug the blueish hint the sqaure ones had. Were they made by anyone of note?
Also what roof rack is that? I wanted to get one but I don't like the looks of the Surco's, and knock off brands look poorly made. The Surco safari's look a little too tall for my taste... but then again most racks look to be about 4-5". I poked around the interwebs and couldn't find that style your rockin.
the blue rectangular lights weren't very bright. I bought the round lights for the bull bar and realized how bright they were and I wanted those. Both round and rectangular lights are made by the "blazer" company and can be found at advance autos. I have no idea what kind of roof rack it is because I bought it off of someone who had it on their bravada. I've never seen one quite like mine.

Originally Posted by Cavalier z24
Where was this taken at? i live in pa as well and it kinda looks like a place near me called Blue Hole near Perryopolis pa
That picture was taken on top of the mountain in Marysville. never heard of Perryopolis where in pa is that?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Its an hour south from Pittsburgh http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sa...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Old 06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran

lol only 3 1/2 hours away...

Old 06-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

I notice you took off the Air Deflector to install the bull bars. How did that effect your running temp, if it did at all?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:39 PM
NewFirstGen is on a distinguished road

The roof basket is a Rage Black Widow turned around backwards. Normally the sloped end goes in the front.

Nice setup!!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran

I took the front valence off before I got the bull bar. and I'm pretty sure the bull bar would still fit if it was there. I haven't noticed any difference in temp thou. and yea I know the basket is backwards... it was backwards on the bravada too and the light mounts and everything I think it kind of looks good backwards the slope that is the front flows with the rear glass

Quick Reply: Benedict's Blazer