Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The chronicle of james - entirety

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

Replaced the fan clutch, cleaned the engine compartment up some, fixed the windshield washers (poor spray pattern), cleaned and painted the grille (bed coating), and straightened some stuff up. Might wash the truck for the first time since buying it (inside has been done many times).

Old 04-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Starting Member
Default The Chronicle of James update

Still haven't got the locker moved over from the S-10.
Haven't tried airing the tires down yet.
The air dam trim is complete and functional (clears rocks and sway bar swings up cleanly).
Sway bar quick-disco is done.

C/K tow hooks need painting and installing (they are more recessed than the stockers, but more beefy).
Move the lock-right to James.
Rear D-ring install (I'm going to try something different here).
Still need a new tow rope, bigger DC air compressor, and some other supplies to carry along.

Pics are with the rear sway bar attached. I didn't air the tires down. I didn't attempt to get further on the rock because I don't want to dig holes in the 'yard'. Still getting mild rub on the inner fenderwell. Need to get some caster taken out to clear that up because I've cut about all I am willing to.

Getting closer to hitting some trails.....

Who likes the trim on the front air dam...?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:53 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice job with the trim, it's subtle and unless you knew your S-series vehicles, I don't think I'd notice right away.

How do you like those new swaybar bushings? I'm considering replacing mine... also I like the disconnect, but seeing as I don't wheel with my Blazer I wouldn't need it (still something to consider though)

Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Starting Member

I've ran those bushings on my previous blazer (99 4dr 4wd) and on my 94 S-10 2wd ext-cab..... Like them a lot. Makes a huge difference in handling. Stock rubber stinks. ZQ8 rubber bushings would be better than stock because they are (or were) a harder durometer. The ES bushings won't work well off road because the really keep things from moving too much. That's more fodder for the disconnect....

thanks for the kudos on the trimming. I have a hack saw, cut off tool, cutoff wheel on my grinder, and a sawzall.....I will trim one way or another.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Hmmm... better handling you say? I like the sounds of that.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:47 AM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

its a month late but yeah replacing those bushing really helps handling, i recently did it to mine, it was worth every penny

Old 07-21-2010, 10:46 AM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Do you have any pics of the rear d ring installed by any chance?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Starting Member

Funny you should ask..... I'm playing with that today and will snap a few pics of it. The rear bumper needed some trimming. I will switch from 3/8 to 1/2 bolts this weekend. I just used what I had on hand.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:45 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Looks like someone needs a skid plate. And As for the rear sway bar ditch it, Ditched mine and never looked back.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

don't know how i missed this the first time around..................but good job on the trimming & quick disconnect for the front sway bar.

Quick Reply: The chronicle of james - entirety