Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

East German Blazer Rebuild and customizing

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

After the weeks of bad weather and hard work on the backseats I installed the seats today.

This were the old backseats.

And these are new seats. All seats have painted consoles now and some better upholstery for more support in curves.

After install of the seats I had a little time and removed the old Bowtie from the grille and installed my painted.

Itīs not good to see it on the picture, but the orange burns in the eyes when the sun shines on it.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Starting Member

Yesterday came new tailgate trim. Its a used part, but it donīt have any breakings.
My old trim has a break where the keylock and the Door Jamb Switch is.
I think, I will paint it black for a better look. Step by step, I want to paint all my trims black.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Starting Member

My rear wiper motor is broken...
So I turned a cover with my lathe.

And I changed the transmission shift lever through a shift lever of a 1999 K2500.
Itīs a little bit more cranked, so I can handle my radio much better.

The next work will be the renewal of my door seals and the rof weatherstrips.
But I donīt have much time, because we disassemble my buddys K2500 wreck and rebuild with itīs components a ī93 K1500.

Engine, trnasmission and axles will be reused, after we rebuild and maintained them. But itīs much work.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Happen to have a picture of the rear wiper cover you made? I'm debating whether to fix mine or remove it...

Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Oh Christian. Every time I see your Blazer it makes me sad wishing I had your fender flares.

As usual, your Blazer is looking awesome. I love what you did with adding cushioning to your seats, and may have to try something similar. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to fixing up my Blazer once the weather turns a little nicer. We had a pretty mild winter here (Edmonton, Alberta) but April has brought more snow than December-March combined.

Love following your build, and keep up the good work and creative ideas!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Starting Member

Thanks friends.

We had a mild winter too, but in February it was really cold. 3 weeks of -20°. Rhis ist really unusual for our region.
I think the temperatures killed my battery, but fortunately my buddy lend me his on.

This weeks I donīt have time to work on my Blazer., but I have to do some maintanence. A few minutes ago another friend of mine called me for help him with his Colorado P0446 problem and I have to help my other friend with his K1500 rebuild. And my Blazer stands and wait for me...

So, here are the drawings of the cover and the nut.
There is astep at the cover to centering it in the hole and a groove for a ring seal.
The Nut is smaller, because at the inner side of the tailgate is not so much space for a nut.

If you like the covers and donīt have the machines to build them, I could make them for you and send them to the USA.
But, then, I donīt will polish them, bacause they get scratches at the postal way.

btw, I still look or fender flares but they are really rare in germany to.

Last edited by christian1984; 04-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Damn, that really does look fantastic! I wonder how much it'd be to ship that over here...

Old 04-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Starting Member

If I can make the cover a little bit thinner (19mm or something) I think it were 3,45€ as International Letter.
So I would pay it and it would be okay.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:23 PM

That's an option I'll have to look into then, that looks great.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Starting Member

If it fits to your Blazer, I will build it and send to you for free. As a little gift.
I forgotten, that a girlfriend of me works with powder-coating. So, i can lat it coating in black. They donīt have many colours.

Last edited by christian1984; 04-16-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: East German Blazer Rebuild and customizing