Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

East German Blazer Rebuild and customizing

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

The new control arms got new bushings and ball joints now. This week, I want to install the control arms and assemble the other parts of the chassis.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Starting Member

Yesterday I finished my Blazer. Installed a metalbox of the NVA on my roof rack and installed a steering stabilizer with self-made bracket. Tomorrow I will drive to the german Chevy-Forum-Meeting. Three Days drinking, BBQing, talking about Chevys. Yeehaw. :-D

Old 08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear you got your truck back together. Keep the pics coming, and share some from your meet!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

I really wanna see this box on your roof and what you came up with for a steering stabilizer bracket. Have fun at the meeting!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Starting Member

Iīm back from the meeting.
The Blazer ran good, but anytimes it began to rattle when I start on a traffic light or something.
But it was only the skid plates. Fortunately I got all my tools with me and so it was fixed fast.

For pictures of the meet look at the lounge.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Starting Member

When I was earlier today on my garage, a f***ed up drunken idiot destroyed the copmlete driverside of my Opel. The Idiot became angry to my, and said some really dumb things to me, because I called the Cops. He could be lucky that the police came pretty quick. All the driverside is broken. Hood, A-Pillar, the door, the sheets behind the door, the fender-flares. This is totally pain in the a**. I need the car for work. Drunken Idiots, the he began to lie to the Cops, but they did an alco-test and take him to the PD. I hope he get some evil punishments...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:56 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Wow, that really sucks. Not sure how insurance works in Germany, but hopefully his insurance will pay for it quickly. Here in Canada the insurance also pays for a rental while your vehicle is in the shop. Unfortunately I have a tiny bit of experience with it. My wife decided to get friendly with the back end of a Chevy Equinox in her Durango last year. The whole process of getting things fixed was pretty easy, but the increase in premiums is painful. Hopefully yours gets sorted out quickly!

Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Starting Member

The insurance pay for sure, but I have to go to a surveyor, I need a car for the time, etc.
But I think, the car os ready for the junkyard. And the insurance will only pay the fair value. We will see.

Thanks for your support.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Starting Member

The insurance pay for sure, but I have to go to a surveyor, I need a car for the time, etc.
But I think, the car os ready for the junkyard. And the insurance will only pay the fair value. We will see.

Thanks for your support.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Starting Member

Hi Guys,
some weeks I wasnīt here, because we had some problems on work and with our 2nd car.
On work, there was so much to do, I worked every week more than 65 hours, so I donīt felt like to got to the internet and something.

And one day before we wanted to drive in the holidays a f***ed up drunken idiot crashed into the Opel at my garage.
So, the guy becomes crazy and tried to threat me, but I got a big sledgehammer in the garage so he becomes calm fast. Then I called the Cops, and they pinched him.
But I have to ran to an appraiser, to the insurance and have to wait for the results
Complete driverside was broken, so it was a total loss.
All the holiday we searched a new car, but it wasnīt so easy to find anything thats usefull and not so expensive.

So we bought this

Itīs a Skoda Fabia Station with a 1.4ltr L4 and 75HP.
It comes with an on-board computer, electric window regulators, Cruise Control, electric and heated mirrors and has 40000 miles on the odometer.
Cost: 5000$
Its a good price for that car in germany.

But I didnt had any time for my Blazer or anything else.

Quick Reply: East German Blazer Rebuild and customizing