Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Green Eggs & Ham

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks good man! I've wanted to do that mod on every single car I've ever owned! lol (except my 80's and 76 Grand Prix's which had springs, of course.)

Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys! Random1, I agree. I've wanted it on every single car I've owned.

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I like I like!!! I too had looked into it but just haven't pulled the trigger on it. I am really happy you did it cause now we can get feedback, tips, and tricks from you when it's our turn Very nice mod I guess I'm going to get some lift rods today! JK but I will be copying you someday!
It is nice to have done, but it almost didn't happen last night either. The wife had me on gofer duty in the morning, so My Durango has been in dire need of new shocks for a good year but I've been too poor/cheap to buy them. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and tore into it on the driveway. Things were going reasonably well until I got to the passenger rear shock. The upper mount is tucked under the secondary muffler, and it was really hard to access and turn. Lucky for me my neighbor came home just then and offered his impact gun with a wobble extension. Got it zipped right out nice and easy after that. Way easier than the armstrong method I normally have to use.

I still have a couple tweaks to do to the mounts for the hood prop rods though. I think I'm going to reverse the upper drivers side mount to move the rod further away from the brake lines, and I want to find a way to brace the lower mounts better. The lower brackets are too tall, and I haven't been able to find shorter ones, so I mounted them under the rain tray rather than on top. I'm thinking of finding a piece of flat or L shaped steel or aluminum to fit on the top of the rain tray to spread out the force so it doesn't flex quite so much.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Ahh the joys of custom fab work lol!!

Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Well just a quick update on my thread here, for the couple people who follow. I have accomplished almost nothing on my Blazer this summer, and the one off-road trip I've been planning for months got kyboshed by last minute changes in my family's travel plans. The condo board where I live (renting thankfully) assessed all the owners for $35,000 to do a major exterior facelift on the complex, so I haven't been able to use my car port for most of the summer which severely limits my ability to work on the Blazer. Couple that with my employer asking me to work from a downtown office to train a bunch of new people, and my wife and I working to buy a house, and I have not had much in the way of spare time. I'd still like to get my flares installed in the next month or two, but who knows how things are going to go at this point.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

Well... did the flares ever get installed ?!