Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Hello from Finland!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 04:14 PM
Jamppa is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Finland!

Hello fellow Blazer owners.

I bought my first ever USA car while ago and this site has helped me lots already.

I have read lots of threads about tire sizes but still have question:

What would be the best tire size for 15x7 -7mm offset wheel?
Bought some really nice enkei hurricane hr-385 wheels for the ”classic” look and would like some maybe all terrain tires on them.

I already have basic keys and shackles lift, but do i need body lift to clear front fenders? (For example with 265/70-15 tires)

This whole lifting and offroad world is new to me so i hope you all understand that my questions might sound stupid.

-Jamppa

Old 10-18-2023, 08:27 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

I can't help you with your questions but your truck looks nice, good luck with it.

Old 10-18-2023, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Welcome!

Nice looking truck. Many of us in North America have envied the options you in Europe have that we don't, such those fender flares.

As for your tires, my experience is that 30/9.5/R15 fit fine with a torsion bar and longer shackle lift. However, the 31/10.5/R15 tires on stock wheels will touch the frame rail stopping the steering gear short of its normal maximum angle.

I have also seen that people with 31/10.5/R15 tires will have to do some fender trimming and rolling in of the fender wheel-well lip.

A handy tool for comparing tire sizes is this:
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

For the specific tires about which you asked, they appear to have the same diameter of a 30 onch tire, the width of a 10.5 inch tire. As such, if I had to guess, they would likely fit without modifying the fender, but could touch the frame if steering is at its extreme end of travel.

Old 10-19-2023, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You may end up rubbing 265/70/15's on the rear of the front fender well, and possibly the frame and sway bar, mostly due to the width of those tires. Those are slightly shorter than a 31x10.5x15 that many members here use. A suspension lift or body lift will definitely help with reducing the changes of rubbing the tires on anything.

On my stock '96 Blazer I ran 255/70/15's and did not rub anywhere. On a stock truck you should be able to safely use a tire with an overall height of 76cm (30 inches) or less with no rubbing concerns at all. Any taller (and more than 245mm wide) and you'll potentially start to have clearance issues to address.

Last edited by El_Beautor; 10-19-2023 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Jamppa is on a distinguished road
Default Update.

Thanks for the information and replys.
I read some of the older threads and decided to go with 32x11.5 tire setup in future.

I made some 2” body lift blocks at work from polyurethane stick. With those on and shackles & keys i should run 32” without bigger problems.

Shackle replacement werent so easy that i thought. Decided to cut and burn all the old parts of and replace them with new stuff. Replaced old bushings with energy suspension poly bushings for the frame and leafspring. It was the only set that was avaible here but for now i have no bad words about them. Easy install and did not have to cut old bushings outer sleeve.
Few weeks ago i painted fenderflares and rockerpanels with raptor coating, turned out pretty good imo. Front is still in stock height, made DIY torsion bar tool but it still requires some upgrading to work properly.
I also found out that there is variety of aftermarket front upper control arms that will correct the balljoints angle, do you have any opinions about them? Are they worth buying?

Also the roofrack came and some led bulbs.

cant wait to do more with this car.

-Jamppa

Last edited by Jamppa; 11-02-2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran

For upper control arms, Rough Country's 2.5 inch lift kit comes with replacement upper control arms that are designed with the change in upper ball joint angle in mind.

I think I've seen some copies of these on eBay but I don't know of their quality.

Old 11-03-2023, 10:54 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You're truck is looking nice with those rims! If you're going to continue modifying and building your truck, you should consider starting a build thread in the Builds section of the forum. I'm sure people would be interested to see your progress.

Old 11-03-2023, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
You're truck is looking nice with those rims! If you're going to continue modifying and building your truck, you should consider starting a build thread in the Builds section of the forum. I'm sure people would be interested to see your progress.