Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

hunting, fishing and camping rig

Old 12-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Beginning Member
MississippiTexan is on a distinguished road
Default hunting, fishing and camping rig

so im tossing ideas around for this rig and am interested in hearing what thoughts and ideas people have. i will start with this, it wont need to be a crazy rig most of the time it will be on dirt roads.

so here we go, this is in no real order, a 2.5 inch lift, custom fabricating a roof box, some form of winch mounting (be it the LMP bumper or one of the various hidden winch kits that are out), a warn 26502 8k winch, some form of light mountings (not sure if the LMP bumper has any and if i do a hidden winch ill get a bumper guard or stinger kit), CB radio and HAM radio antenna mounts with respective radios, a set of 31x10.5 15 destination MT tires, a flat black and green paint job and lastly im thinking about steel wheels over the factory ones that are painted black...

where im really stuck is for a rear bumper, so few are on the market, at least that i have found, that im not sure what to do. i dont really need a new rear bumper, but the previous owner seems to have been good at backing into things and the plastic skin is trashed... i would love something like the TAG multicarrier, i would love that kind of added storage on the back of my rig for gas my jack and even the CB antenna. im just not willing to deal with that company (or its apparent affiliated companies) after reading the kinds of reviews that are around the 4x4 forums. anyone have any offerings on other places to get a good rear bumper?

Old 01-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Beginning Member
MississippiTexan is on a distinguished road

ok so found out the exhaust was total trash the first time i got the truck in the air and had to fix the immediate issue of the wrong muffler being mounting it in such a way that it was dumped on the rear axle... the truck now has a thrush welder with offset inlet center outlet going into a factory style tail pipe and out where it should. when the cat that was missing comes in i will cut and weld it in as well as replace all 3 o2s for good measure.

that, sadly, was the money i had set aside for the materials to make the roof box so i'm looking into just using the factory roof rack for light mounting and some netting to hold stuff up top.

i will continue to update as the project continues.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:53 PM
TxTurtle is on a distinguished road

Got any pics? Other than mine being a daily driver, this is what I plan on gearing any mods I do to my '01 blazer.