Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

I totalled my Blazer, and the wife agreed to disagree on fixing it....so here we go..

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Beginning Member
Jonboy is on a distinguished road

I hear ya, but the motor is solid. The only thing of significance (as far as I can tell) outside of the body and sheet metal damage is the radiator.

Originally Posted by Twip
with that many miles on it, it may not be worth fixing. everything that you just did to it is probably junk now from the accident. sure, its not all that hard to fix. a word of advice though, pull as many of the panels back out to the original shape as you can before you remove them and start on the core support.

Good luck with that labor of love. i know the feeling.

Last edited by Jonboy; 02-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm actually in greensboro.

Have not really looked around for parts yet.

Originally Posted by chris015
it honestly doesnt look that bad of a repair unless there is more damage then we think so far. pull the panels off and get a look at the frame etc make sure its ok. If you have a pull it yourself yard around your area you can fix the blazer for about 300 bucks.

edit : you are in NC. there is a pull it yard in Raleigh and goldsboro

Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Beginning Member

Well, we already replaced it with the Chrysler. Not a brand new one, but still, that issue has been settled.

Originally Posted by newguy
Ask your wife if she would be rather paying a loan for several years plus higher ins or a few hundred now

Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks. Wondered about that. Figured I would tackle that once I got all the body panels out of the way.

Originally Posted by Twip
well after looking at the picture again, if you decided to keep it, you should probably change the motor and tranny mounts.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Beginning Member

It is actually a brownish color. Chevrolet referred to it as Champagne.

Originally Posted by rexazz2
it looks like the hit was almost above the bumper
I did a malibu years ago after my buddy run into a power pole
I was pretty happy with the end results
I had to tweak the frame to bumper area back with a sledge hammer
He had found a donor vehicle that I salvaged the front clip from
Basically we sold the donor car for the same as what he bought it for as scrap

Looks like yours is pewter color , I swear just about every blazer in my area was pewter

Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks, but no. Mine only has 30k on the engine. I guarantee that one doesn't.

Originally Posted by rexazz2
here is one in your area for cheap ,keep yours for a parts vehicle
2000 Blazer

Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jonboy
It is actually a brownish color. Chevrolet referred to it as Champagne.
yep
that color was very popular here
It does look cleanish longer

I think if you were to do a bit of looking in your area you could find a cheap donor or like someone else said pick N pull
If its not a color match you can probably find a local body shop to give it a spray after you do the prep work

Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Starting Member
Copperhead 2001 is on a distinguished road

Johboy, being the owner of a self rebuilt Blazer, i say fix it. it's a shame to see these crushed. the cash for clunkers claimd enough of them. i did a repaint on mine, but everything but the grill and front lights are from PNP. the grill and front lights were just as cheap new online.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

With as much love as everyone has for these blazers I would fix it in time.From the pic you need a new front clip with the core support and probaly a new rad.As long as the frame isnt bent it should be a fairly easy fix to change those parts.I wouldnt worry about matching paint.I would have a custom done after its put back together.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Beginning Member

Hi 1sttimejimmyowner,

Thanks for the feedback. Thought maybe I'd get the hood and fenders and take one of my damaged fenders and have a local shop match and paint them before I bolt them on. Can't justify painting the entire vehicle.

More than likely I will need a new radiator, and I'm sure I'll need a new condenser. Definitely a new core support.

I've googled "blazer clip" and the like, trying to find the front end as a whole assembly, but no success. Are there yards that specialize in this, or would I be better off just pulling the parts individually?

Thanks,

Jonboy

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
With as much love as everyone has for these blazers I would fix it in time.From the pic you need a new front clip with the core support and probaly a new rad.As long as the frame isnt bent it should be a fairly easy fix to change those parts.I wouldnt worry about matching paint.I would have a custom done after its put back together.

Quick Reply: I totalled my Blazer, and the wife agreed to disagree on fixing it....so here we go..