Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Builds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/)
-   -   just picked up a 96 (https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/just-picked-up-96-a-52118/)

chevytruckdood 06-13-2011 11:00 PM

so good news. body lift done today. . bad news........

wiper relay went out on trail not a big deal.... the front corner (plastic piece) of bumper on both sides broke duringthe body lift because i didnt realize they had a plastic nut on it and i thought it snapped into place......

worse....... fuel pump gave up on the trail..... ugh but oh well more for me to do....

cochran07 06-16-2011 03:05 PM

Sucks about your fuel pump. At least your not in my shoes.. a whole new engine... well Im rebuilding the old but still. Should be interesting to put it all back together and hopefully get it running again soon.

chevytruckdood 06-30-2011 12:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
ordered my pump last night.. next daying it so itll be here friday. gotta get back on the road. when i get paid again im buying a new compressor.

heres some pics of after mudding and after body lift.. looks like im going to need to get higher . straight axle swap maybe.....

chevytruckdood 07-08-2011 07:27 PM

so the fuel pump has been replaced before. i dropped the old tank and pumpa nd saw it was a cheapo airttex so im hoping this delphi will be my miracle solution to alot of starting issues............

chevytruckdood 07-10-2011 10:22 AM

so new pump on. and i t took like .10 of a second to start it was amazing. and i let it run for about 20 minutes then i saw a fuel leak.. ( i havent put the protective metal pan on under the tank just in case and... it was leaking from an odd spot.... theres an electronic thing above spare tire mount under back of the truck that conencts to the evaporative system.... and its leaking right above spare tire mount. any ideas?

found this thread https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...are-tire-8629/

and it is conencted to the charcoal box.. and the only things i disconnected was the filler neck and the lines to fuel pump. ? is there any way to diable? i cant find any tears and the fuel lines only fit one way....

edit line---------------------
being up for over 24 hrs didnt help me i switched the two little 3/8ths lines and everythinggs dandy now.

next up to fix- air conditioning... got a big reason behind this

chevytruckdood 07-12-2011 09:24 PM

ok so new fuel pump and filter. got power back and all that. but. fuel mileage has dropped. way down. im at 175 miles and a quater tank left and i didnt go over 70 on my route today or 60 on the way back.either way with me going 70 i still usually can pull more then 200 miles out of tank before i was at right at 315 for a full tank........ any ideas?

chevytruckdood 07-16-2011 07:51 PM

so to a full tank i got about 260 =(

yuck.

but today i got the driver side door hinge welded stronger and the door latch also because it was almost broke the entire way around.

also threw a bazooka tube in there a buddy let me borrow. but im not throwing an amp in my daily so oh well. but any who

chevytruckdood 07-18-2011 09:20 PM

transmisson filter change out and fluid drop. went along pretty well.

also found out my tranny pan bolts were finger tight so tightened them (i keep finding awesome things..
a/c tomorrow yay!!!

chevytruckdood 07-24-2011 10:49 PM

so pulled off dash tonight.. to replace vent selector- so i can have ac blow on my face. didnt have time to button it all back up before work. going to paint my dash pieces i have out because .. two owners ago it got painted white to match outside of truck an d i think it looks hideous. so dash back together tomorrow. i took some pictures to. but ill post them when im done.

hypertek 07-25-2011 03:26 PM

2wd wheels on 4x4 are spaced out like that? I like that look , sure there are no spacers on it? Id probably have to add spacers to my 2wd to look like that