Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

KM346's SFA blazer (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:56 PM
05canjimmy is on a distinguished road

this is a mint set up perfect height.. I would love to do something like this to the jimmy but I want to start with just a good old rc 2.5". looks great man

Old 07-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Starting Member
blaz is on a distinguished road

I'm just bumping this thread because I have been studying it to make sure I don't miss anything on mine.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:27 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 05canjimmy
this is a mint set up perfect height.. I would love to do something like this to the jimmy but I want to start with just a good old rc 2.5". looks great man
Thanks!

Originally Posted by blaz
I'm just bumping this thread because I have been studying it to make sure I don't miss anything on mine.
Cool man, Let me know if you have any specific questions...

Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 PM
DavidLightell is on a distinguished road

Ok I am new to all of this. I just bought a 97 blazer 4x4 4 Dr Lt. It needs a rebuild or a new engine. I have been reading a lot of threads. Seems like a lot of people are doing custom suspension. Not sure why. ?? I was thinking about a rc 2" suspension and a 3" body lift to try to fit 32s under it. I live in the south and don't do much flexing. I use the 4wd to go hunting and such. I would appreciate it if one of you could be of help to me and either tell me about this or direct me to the right thread for this. Thanks for any info. Truck look great BTW

Last edited by DavidLightell; 07-17-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:52 AM

A lot of us want a lifted blazer with a reliable suspension setup... hence all the SFA swaps.

The stock IFS is very weak when running tires 31" or over on these trucks. Cranking the bars to lift them for bigger tires is half the problem IMO. It causes accelerated wear on all the steering components and puts extra stress on CV's.

If you're not going to do any serious off roading id skip the RC lift and do a BL and 30 - 31's.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:38 PM
DavidLightell is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input. I'd really like to see one with just a 3" body lift. So I can make sure that's what I want. I will try to search the thread's for it.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DavidLightell
Ok I am new to all of this. I just bought a 97 blazer 4x4 4 Dr Lt. It needs a rebuild or a new engine. I have been reading a lot of threads. Seems like a lot of people are doing custom suspension. Not sure why. ?? I was thinking about a rc 2" suspension and a 3" body lift to try to fit 32s under it. I live in the south and don't do much flexing. I use the 4wd to go hunting and such. I would appreciate it if one of you could be of help to me and either tell me about this or direct me to the right thread for this. Thanks for any info. Truck look great BTW
ive offroaded a 85 s10 with 33 inch tires before and pretty much broke my front end almost everytime i turned the wheel in 4x4. if i kept it straight it was fine. i upgraded to fullsize 1/2 ton axles and beat the heck out of my s10 with 33 14.00 boggers and never broke anything axle related yet, no more babying the truck

Old 08-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Starting Member

Quick question. Could you please measure the distance from the center of the bolt on the front spring hanger to the center of the bolt on the shackle hanger? It is the shackle hanger bolt I need, the one at the top of the shackle not the one at the bottom. I did some mock up today and it looks as though my rear hangers are further forward than yours.

Was the shackle angle with the 4" skyjacker softride springs good with your current center to center distance?

OK, I had more than one question. LoL. I have read your build thread a few times.

Thanks again,
Blaz.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by blaz
Quick question. Could you please measure the distance from the center of the bolt on the front spring hanger to the center of the bolt on the shackle hanger? It is the shackle hanger bolt I need, the one at the top of the shackle not the one at the bottom. I did some mock up today and it looks as though my rear hangers are further forward than yours.

Was the shackle angle with the 4" skyjacker softride springs good with your current center to center distance?

OK, I had more than one question. LoL. I have read your build thread a few times.

Thanks again,
Blaz.
Went back through some of my notes and found some info...

My frame hangers measure 47.5" apart
The skyjacker springs were 46" long center to center with weight of the vehicle.
shackle angle was ~10 or 15 degrees negative with a 4.5" long shackle.

FYI i think my current springs are ~ 49" center to center with the weight of the truck on them (IIRC they are 53” following the curve of the spring, w/8” free arch)

-Kyle

Last edited by KM346; 08-04-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Starting Member

This will be a huge help. Next week end is the big chop. Wish me well. LoL.

Quick Reply: KM346's SFA blazer (lots of pics)