Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

the little jimmy that could

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the little jimmy that could

bought this truck about six months ago, and have been working on it non stop. figure its worthy of starting a build thread by now. got it with just under 180 000 kms im up to 215 already lol. first and second pics are a couple of hours after i got it. i changed the rims and tires, you can see what was on there, they are on my other truck behind.next came homemade shackles, t bar crank, exhaust and bedliner. found a nice little gmc truck badge for her too for all those people that say its not a truck.

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-pc160030.jpg   the little jimmy that could-pc160033.jpg   the little jimmy that could-truck3.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p2260007.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Starting Member

next i started to work on the interior. took out the colum shift and put in the floor shift out of my old truck. took out ashtray and put in cb in its place. swapped the stock head unit out and added a sub and new speakers all around. took the bedliner to a few parts inside, whatever was easy to take off. (door handles, speaker covers, interior light cover)

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-p2260005-2-.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p2260006.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150129.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150131.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Starting Member

put on some camaro rims with some 31" tires, mounted my cb antenna on the rear bumper, added some back up lights and tinted the rear window.

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-p8150132.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150133.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150134.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150135.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Starting Member

put two inch body lift on and trimmed the front facia. hated the gap it left so made up a new plate for it. got rid of the front hooks too. added a visor over the windshield (bedliner like everything else). currently have my roof lights off while i build a basket for the roof. thats about it for now, lots to come. thanks for checkin it out.

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-p6290096.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p6290098.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p6290099.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150137.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p8150138.jpg  

Old 05-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Starting Member

finally got some time to work on the jimmy. i picked up one of the overhead computers from the wreckers for 15 bucks. looked at putting it in the original location but decided to mount it where my ashtray used to be. ended up taking my rear tire mount off because it was denting the side of the truck. i had my taillight out and notice it was tearing the steel behind the light. once it stops raining ill bondo and paint where it was. made a new case/mount for my cb to go above the rear view mirror.just need to paint and mount it. hooked up some little led's that came with a set of cheap speakers. mounted some clearance lights on the visor too.

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-p9200147.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9200148.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9200152.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9200149.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9200154.jpg  

Old 05-14-2011, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Looks good man! I see some scraped knuckles in the 3rd pic lol we've all been there.
I'm thinking of a lit visor but the thought of drilling into the roof makes me want to puke lol.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Starting Member

thanks. lol ya i was a little nervous about putting holes in too. i just gobbed some silicone under there and havent had any leaks. worst case is some sanding and a bit of bondo if you do mess up. lol busted knuckles dont bother me anymore.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:22 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Good progress so far. Do you have any further plans for the computer in the ashtray or is that finished?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Starting Member

lol is that the polite way of telling me it looks like crap? no i broke the piece for the ashtray so im going to grab another one at the wrecker. i also have a ton of wiring to clean up, and need to tweak a few panels to fit better inside. all in good time. bedlinered the door panels today, came out pretty decent ill put up pics tomorrow.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I was trying to be nice, haha. Some people would be totally happy with the way it looks, so I didn't want to judge.

I am a newbie around here still... can't go p&&&ing off the natives just yet, ya know?

Quick Reply: the little jimmy that could