Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

the little jimmy that could

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
can't go p&&&ing off the natives just yet, ya know?
lol ya alot of people on here can be a bit touchy. im fully open to any ideas any of you might have. constructive criticism i think they call it. id like to find a way to mount it without any of the broken ashtray in the way. maybe diamond plate?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Starting Member

this is what i did with the door panels. i had done the window switch and handle a while back (first pic). pulled it all apart and came up with this. man those led's are bright at night, camera doesnt do it much justice.

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-p9210159.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9210162.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9210157.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9210158.jpg  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I'm such a sucker for good accent lighting, haha. Looks pretty good. Do you have it on a switch or or are the lights on all night while you're driving?

As far as the ashtray computer, have you ever tried vaccuforming plastic? Some guys on the Neon forum I'm a member of (just sold my Neon and got back into a Blazer) do that and you can make parts to fit whatever you need. Might be a good option to build up your ashtray enough to make that computer fit properly?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Starting Member

never heard of this vaccuforming. ill have to look it up. i usually just do things the redneck way lol, but im trying to class up my rig a bit. thanks im diggin those lights too. i just wired them up to keyed source for now. they dont seem to be too annoying yet, the speaker grill diffuses the light pretty good. can always throw in a switch later if it bugs me.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Here is a thread about how a guy built his table. The 2nd page shows the process of actually vaccuforming something.

Vacuum Table Pics - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Starting Member

right on thats pretty cool. thanks for the link

Old 05-15-2011, 05:02 PM

No problem, hopefully it helps you. I know in the Neon community people are vaccuforming all kinds of parts, so something like this should be pretty easy.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Comming along great! Where in Ontario are you? Think you would mind fabbing me up a set of shackles? I'd rather pay someone on the forum, then a company! Where did you get the visor too?

-OSS

Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

looks good

Old 05-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Starting Member

thanks guys. im just a little north of newmarket. a pretty good hike from you lol. i do spend some time near sudbury which is alot closer. ya no problem for the shackles, meeting up would be a pain and i have no idea how to ship but im sure we could work something out. the visor was one of my favorite scores. $40 on kijiji and buddy lived just down the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the little jimmy that could