Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

the little jimmy that could

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Shipping is pretty easy, I've done it quiet often when selling car parts all over the US! Just have to find a small box, at like Food basics or no frills, crumple up news paper for padding, place the item(s) in the box, more news paper, tape it up w/ packing tape (avaliable at canada post), tell them where the parcel is going, and they will weigh it, mesure the dimentions, and give you a price. Voila! sent If you need any information, let me know and we can set something up!

-OSS

Last edited by Old Skool Soldier; 05-16-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

cool man. if you want just pm me how long you want them and your mailing address and ill put them together.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, somebody has to say it!!! Those shackles look like death on wheels bro....LOL...Ive seen people make their own shackles before but I dont think I have seen someone use the original ones and just cut them apart and add some metal to make the new ones. To each his own but I really hope you dont put kids in that thing when you drive it.......other than that I am digging your build so far...Keep it up bro....

Old 05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Starting Member

bahahaha! ya they do look a little scary. at first i just didnt know any better, and drove like that for two years in my old truck. once i figured it out i welded the first shackle to the frame. havent had any problems at all. lol and my daughter and soon to be son dont spend much time in the truck. finally took some time to work on my roof rack, comin out pretty good so far. just needs bedliner and wiring now. i welded in some little pockets to slide a little stub in so i can put my boat or canoe up there. ill get better pics later.

Attached Thumbnails the little jimmy that could-p9260169.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9260167.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9260172.jpg   the little jimmy that could-p9260173.jpg  
Old 05-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Starting Member

got my turn signal issues figured out (thanks kyle). came up with a pretty cool idea while i was at it. i hooked up my visor lights to run with the parking lamps, but wired the two outside ones to work with the turn signals. looks pretty cool, ill get a video over the weekend while its dark.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

love the roof rack I been thinking of doing some like this too

Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Starting Member

thanks man, im happy with it. im pretty lucky, my boss will let me build pretty much whatever i want and it doesnt cost me anything.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i have to ask how did you make the computer work or did your jimmy already have one. im liking the idea of mounting it where the ashtray is and want to do it myself i u dont know how to make it work

Old 05-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Starting Member
onder is on a distinguished road

was it hard to move the colum shift the floor because it looks way cooler on the floor....and i like what you have done so far with your truck.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Starting Member

nope my truck didnt come with it. i picked one up at the wreckers. its pretty simple, just make sure you follow the wires right to the harness. it will plug right in, just need to patch in your interior lights, and run one wire to your obd II port.

the shifter was pretty basic too. find a donor truck, unbolt entire center console and follow the cable to the transmisson. pull out the colum shifter and switch the housing around the steering wheel. bolt everything up and thats pretty much it.

havent got much done with it this week, just service crap and changing out parts.

Quick Reply: the little jimmy that could