Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Lone Star Blaze '88 S-10 4X4 build

Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member
Lone Star Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default Lone Star Blaze '88 S-10 4X4 build

My original plans were to paint the Blazer Inferno Orange Metallic like what is on the new camaros,Avalanche and a few other newr GM cars. I lost my job here in the last few weeks ago and am back in college. Since that orange color in a good base coat from PPG is about $600 a gallon just for the base coat I am having to knock it down a tad.

I'm now going to paint it blue & black at the request of my 2 boys. 1 Seattle Seahawks fan as am I & 1 Oakland Raiders fan.Those two colors are much cheaper. Black on top and blue from the top body line down and I may or may not Rhino Line the very bottom of the body.

going to lift it with 31" BFG's along with new rims.

I put a Magnaflow muffler on it last week
I have a 91+ paintable grille for it.
If anybody has done this mod please let me know any problems you have ran into It looks like I may have to move the headlight buckets.

I have patch panel ready to be welded in place of where I cut out a bad rust spot.

The wrecking yard here in town has Jimmy with painted sport bumpers that are almost perfect. I have my eye on those just need to come up with the $90 they want for the set.

Tring to find a set of clear tails

When I got it I put a Pioneer head unit in it I'm going to replace all of the factory speakers with new Pioneer speakers.

Going to put LED's on all the outside lights and Sylvania Silver Star head lights.

It needs a headliner and new seat covers and a little TLC

I got the Blazer and an almost brand new couch for $800 so far I think I got a good deal.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Looking good. I love first gens!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

Cool! Have you found the LEDs yet? I've been looking for some for my '89 but haven't had much luck.