Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Makeover for Dixie

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road
Default We had some fuuun

Alright i've gotten a lot done over these past couple weeks, being my absence from the forum, Between work and the girlfriend i've hardley had time for my truck, but i've squeezed it in.

I've installed 2" blocks to the rear end to give it a more level appearence, no problems so far and it's been about a week since isntalltion, only difference is my center of gravity is lower, more traction and better control overall. We had a U bolt problem easily solved by a 1" lift/drop block kit with extremley long U bolts that we cut down for cosmetic reasons, I'll elaborate more later.

Afterwards, yesterday we finished installation of our 12 volt air horn w/ compressor, everything is custom mounted and installed, ran into a few snags a long the way and learned a lot, i had no idea that Blazers had two horns, or where they were at.

The horns are mounted in the bottom of the grill, the compressor is on the right side wheel well where the orig horn was, custom mounted to fit and not get hit by water on rainy days. One is taken out the other behind the wiper fluid bottle is disconnected and sealed from water and such. The Compressor is running on a 30 amp fuse from the battery.

More later when i get home and out of school for the day before work, lol
(Pics included when i get my hadns on the files at home)

Had a perfect Holiday!, hope y'all did as well

Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Starting Member

Pics soon, sorry for the wait had to work last night, no patience for anything. I've decided next for the truck is going to be Rims and Tires, Currently i'm looking at
http://wheelsbymbmotoring.com/produc...heel=OldSchool (go down to Old School it dosen't like me today)

on a BFG 60 series tire, depending if it'll fit, i'm on a budget and estimated about a grand in wheels and tires all together, i have a buddy that works at discount tire hopefully i can get a little discount on service if he does the work. Truck needs to be cleaned but other than that it runs great, everything functions and one rainy day later with many doubts from my buddies, the air horn works still

Old 01-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Starting Member

Little hesitation between first and second gear it's nothing to worry about in my opinion, Pics come up when i get home today. Air horn works well, everything is going smooth so far after the horn and 2" blocks. She needs to be cleaned and have some new pics taken. I've Added my 'Beware of Attack Redneck' Sign on their The other day and it's sticking to my dash perfectly, not moving when i drive and i can take it off without restistance from the tape. Found my 8 gig flash drive! i have music again other than the radio. All is well and cold Down in florida.

I intend to undercoat the wheel wells, the frame with another coat, scuff and black out my grill, Paint the inake cover, and a few other things in the engine bay, I dislike the chrome but i suppose i'll keep it.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Starting Member

After much consideration, i've decided to begin saving for a full-size, i went and looked at s10's today and god dang they're expensive. I figure by the time i'm 18 i'll have plenty saved to put a generous down payment on a silverado or sierra. I want something like Oktains, he's my inspiration for this really the sexy is unbareable

Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Starting Member

Went to a dealership, found an '03 s10 that looked like the rear end was about to detonate. auto matci 4cyl.. for 10grand, never. I've decided on an '00 to an '06 Sierra standard cab 4x4, Thank you oktain for the info if you're reading. Rainy crappy day, tired, work, blehh. Lady checked out my truck, she didn't really like it. I figure i'd have to take most of everything out to get a decent trade in value. Went to the ford dealership (they usually have some pretty good used chevys) Found an '00 s10, clean as could be, body looked mint, 4x4 ls, only bad part is it's in ohio so much for that

Old 01-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Starting Member

Plans to save have been post poned for a while until it's practical to have a car payment. Replaced the Idler arm and stationary pulley, belt looked fine, virtually no cracks in the belt, everything else is running good.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Starting Member

Valentines Day and Grad Bash all in the same week, their goes 2 or 3 weeks in paychecks lol. She needs to be cleaned bad, was gonna clean 'er today but it just so happens to be pouring outside, gonna get me a carpet cleaner and get the old stains out of the carpet and do a 100% all around cleaning, interior wise as soon as possible (proboly gonna park it under the shelter and clean). I either have A) Tiny hole in Exhaust B) Small Exhaust leak, and my dad just dosen't think i do, so i'm gonna let it set and he's going to pay for it when it gets worse, i told him, but he dosen't believe me.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Starting Member

Truck is clean, engine bay is not! I've developed a Lower Intake Manifold Gasket Leak, This thing breaks at the worst time, after an hour and a half searchin, we found it. It's not a slow leak, it's pretty solid and fast.. judging by the big puddle in my driveway, it's began mixing with other fluids and possibly oil.. NOT GOOD, maybe some pics later. With the gf today and my dads truck

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Starting Member

Estimates of 500 bucks, i owe my dad the money for the repair, but thats all due in time. I'm behind on Valentines day for now, Dropping it off at the shop today should be mine on wendsday, New Gasket, New Cooler tubing, New Distirubtor cap, Rotor Button, and Fluids. Sounds like a good deal for 500 bucks. I don't like taking it to a shop but as long as it gets done and gets done right money is just an object

Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Starting Member

Work is done, faster than i expected, grand total was 579$, for the Rotor Button, Distrib Cap, The Gasket Leak, There was an small oil leak on the back side of the block he fixed that and just charged us for parts. Overall I'm very happy with the time completed and the cleanliness of the shop and my engine bay is just as clean as we left it. Gonna use the thread to keep track of how much i've paid. Billings did an overall amazing job on my truck.

Begin. 40$ a week, unless i make over 100$ then it's 50$
(payment plan to my dad)
starting: 579$
Feb. 14, 2011: 40$ Paid: 539.00$ Left

Quick Reply: Makeover for Dixie