Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

mdehoogh's 98 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
this is going to be one of my next upgrades, don't want to mess up my new grill. how solid is that? do you think you could put a winch on it?
Don`t even consider that! My winch has a very solid mounting plate and is straight between the frame.

If I pull, you can see that plate flexing up and down with the force where the winch is pulling.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:36 PM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Yeah it snowed but it was about 33 or 34 here on the ground so it was melting as it fell. Supposed to stay below freezing all night and some more rain so there may be some snow on the ground.

Sorry Gary, I didn't want to mess with getting bolts and washers and stuff to do a test fit. I did do a photoshop test fit

The cut in the plate goes on either side of the vertical support of the body/radiator support. The bracket-to-guard holes make it seem like it will point down some. I think its just since they're separated, it makes it hard to judge angles. I'll get a test fit on some time this week though

i think i bought the same guard today, is it sturdy with just bolting on the frame and no brackets behind the grill like most come with

Old 02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wills-07
i think i bought the same guard today, is it sturdy with just bolting on the frame and no brackets behind the grill like most come with
Hi, do you know what brand the one you got is? Another member recently posted a picture of one he was going to get and said it was Ranchhand. I still haven't been able to confirm the brand of mine though.

I don't have any firsthand experience with another brand of grill guard so I can't say if it's stronger than another. I would like to add some more supports to the upper bumper mount though

Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Loved your truck without one, now your talking about getting gaytezzas and installed the grille guard. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheBrettster
Loved your truck without one, now your talking about getting gaytezzas and installed the grille guard. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
You're relentless...

Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
You're relentless...

Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Haters drinking

Old 02-27-2011, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran

I realized I didn't have a picture with the brushguard on...

Last edited by mdehoogh; 02-27-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I think it looks good. you should get some center caps for your rims it makes a bigggg difference... I guess I haven't posted any pics with mine on yet

Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I think it looks good. you should get some center caps for your rims it makes a bigggg difference... I guess I haven't posted any pics with mine on yet
The stock chevy caps for these require those lug nut threaded caps as well and I don't really care for those.

I wonder if the cragar kind would work...

Quick Reply: mdehoogh's 98 build