Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

mdehoogh's 98 build

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:18 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Got the tires! Two are in great condition and two are slightly more worn but still a great deal. They even have the mold nub/stem things on the sidewalls :P

On one of the more worn ones, there is some damage to the bottom edge of the bead. I'm gonna take it to a tire place tomorrow and see what they say but what do you guys think? The damage is on the horizontal part of the bead. The vertical edge is in good shape though.

Red is where the damage is, I would think that most of the force the tire is putting on the wheel would be in the green part. You guys think its usable or will I have to purchase a new one?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:33 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

nice build same tires :P but yours have better tread...

I have ran tires worse then that without any problems. as long as the beed seats and doesn't leak you should be ok!

Old 12-10-2010, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I think it should be fine... maybe some bead sealant would be a good idea just for the peace of mind.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT SUCCESS!

Looks like you're "dehooghvin' on up" to the "east side" with this build.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
GREAT SUCCESS!

Looks like you're "dehooghvin' on up" to the "east side" with this build.
rofl :P

Old 12-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Sweet man, I'm freaking jealous of that find. Those are going to look awesome.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Can't beat cheap tires with lots of life left IMO.

I'm excited to see more progress, I like where it's going so far.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran

Some more pics... The guy at the tire place said the bead damage doesn't look bad and it should mount fine. There's also a plug on one of them he said he'll permanently patch for free.

Getting them mounted later on and I'll get more pics up

Old 12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you really DID need tires, eh?

You are doing white letters in, blackwall out, right?

Old 12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get those tires mounted. I need pics lol

Quick Reply: mdehoogh's 98 build