Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Blazer Codename Samantha

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odfareal
@swartlkk - thanks for the first post update.
My pleasure!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The_Beast
very cool

How much were the ceramic brakes?

Paid $190 for the brakes and the rotors here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...Q5fAccessories

It seems everyone has raised their pricing over the holiday season. At least this is only $10 from when I purchased it. It seems some people even doubled it.

They are powerstop rotors with powerstop evolution ceramic pads.
They are great and very very noticable. Remember to spray with brake cleaner, grease bolts, etc. I forgot to put the stop squeal on the front brakes when I did them... and lets just say, one night, they put me on the spot. LOL

Old 12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by odfareal
@RangerG
I bought the grill a while back, but here's the info:
Billet Grill from e-shoppingcart:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILLE...Q5fAccessories
That seems to be the only one he has... but I probably overlooked it.

The chrome door handles were good. I had to buy a 3 set... It had 2 handles and the rear hatch. The problem was it was for the S10, and it has a slightly different hear hatch handle then the Blazer, so I couldn't use the 3rd handle, only the 2 door handles. I installed them in the 4 minutes I was waiting in the front of my daughter's school to pick them up. LOL So yeah, they are ridiculously easy and I've had them on since before I even had the truck painted.

The headlights were pretty good. When I wired them, I accidentally wired them up to the signal cable, not the parking cable, so when I signal, the ring blinks. LOL I'm too lazy to change this, as I don't see it as anything major that needs to be fixed. Its just a bit more unique like that. I bought the headlights and the signal lights as a set. I've seen better headlights since then. CCFL are the type of rings you are going to want. The ones I have aren't CCFL, they are just fabricated rings, so they aren't bright during the day, only at night.

@swartlkk - thanks for the first post update.
Thanks for all the answers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item56381fbc28

I'll be getting these headlights, without the HID, and with the all black corners. Not sure if they are the CCFL ones. None on ebay seem to be CCFl. They are most likely identical to yours.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Thanks for all the answers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...item56381fbc28

I'll be getting these headlights, without the HID, and with the all black corners. Not sure if they are the CCFL ones. None on ebay seem to be CCFl. They are most likely identical to yours.
Yeah, those definitely look like mine. the CCFL ones are alot nicer, because they shine even in the daytime, but these look great at night for sure.

I found these same headlights to have 9005 bulbs for lowbeams. Not sure if those are though.