Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My first project, "Helen" in honor of my grandmother

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer
Since its moving b/c of the oil issues, I took out the last of the bad wiring harness and removed the switch from the knee panels of the dash. Might leave the hole the previous owner drilled for a future project.

Is there anyway to add iPhone functionality to the stock HU? After market head units just never look right IMO
If you're looking to just use your iPod through the stock stereo, you can wire a headphone jack to the tape deck if you have one. Warthogdriver did a write up for it here... https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-...-inputs-35746/

Old 11-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Beginning Member
cahlersmeyer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
I think Kyle is right.

Not calling anyone wrong here, but I just don't see how it would be? Unless the previous owner had mounted a 2nd remote access point, because the housing and sway bar are too far apart... hmmmm

I'm installing the housing tomorrow as well as the new lines.

thanks for all your help guys! more pic/details later!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Well if it's not attatched to anything it may have broken off and slid down the skid plate bounced around and landed where you now see it. Not saying for sure that's what it is but it sure looks like a broken mounting ear to me. And it is made of the right metal.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member

The oil situation is resolved. Messy as hell to fix, but well worth not spending $700 to get it fixed. Just cost me $150 in parts and an afternoon and a half of work.

Next step, new shocks in the rear! Just picked them up this morning. Aiming to have them in this afternoon!

SATURDAY
The rear shocks are in =)

Last edited by cahlersmeyer; 11-12-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Beginning Member

Put in new front speakers the other day, saving the rear for a rainy day per say.

Thinking about putting tweeters in the pillars wired to the dash speakers, and removing the rattly dash speakers entirely. Any thoughts?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cahlersmeyer
Put in new front speakers the other day, saving the rear for a rainy day per say.

Thinking about putting tweeters in the pillars wired to the dash speakers, and removing the rattly dash speakers entirely. Any thoughts?

sounds like it'll work. And without those speakers in there you could mount the crossovers in the holes to hide them. just make sure you get crossovers cause you don't want it to sound like crap lol.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Beginning Member

My engine heat is up, but the air blowing out of the vents is not, even when on full heat.

Where should I start to troubleshoot this issue? There is no rattle, no smell, nothing.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 AM
wheninromeSDS is on a distinguished road

Check your vacuum lines. Realllllllly simple to do, and the interior air vents for the heat and AC are opened with vacuum.

If that doesn't work, Idk, check your antifreeze, because my was starting to freeze and my heat wouldn't work... flushed it, and my heat and ac works every time! lol

Old 01-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Beginning Member

As per something I saw on another car forum, I parked my Blazer on a slight incline and uncapped the radiator. I decent size bubble "blooped" out and everything has been working fine ever since!

HA! Its crazy something that small can really throw off the whole heating system!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Beginning Member

Oh man, time for an update! I've been overwhelmed with my motorcycle project lately, I haven't had much time or desire to do much with the Blazer.

I've been having a misfire issue, and the dreaded "random multiple misfire" code. I replaced the spark plugs to begin with, its better but not great. Cylinder 2 still had a spark tester on the plug (some of the issue) and cylinder 1 hasn't fired in quite some time judging by the looks of the plug when I removed it, and cylinder 5's wire is arc-ing to the heat shield.

I got new Autolite Professional wires, I'm going to do those this evening when it cools down a bit.

I got 99 problems and a spark is 1.

Here is the bike I've been working on, a 1968 Honda CB450 Bratstyle (forgot to take a pic with the seat before I sold her, sorry!)

Last edited by cahlersmeyer; 05-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.