Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Pontiac Sunflower Project (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you don't see to many nice ones like that. usaully they are in a trailer park all beat up

Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Well I just found a used GM supercharger on criagslist for $700.00. Waiting to hear back from the seller. This is what it looks like

Old 01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Super charged Sunfire? Never heard of that but it would still be pretty cool.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice clean car good work. you painted that?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by papacope
Super charged Sunfire? Never heard of that but it would still be pretty cool.
yea GM came out with a kit for the 2.4L a few years ago. Built to run on stock internals. All that was needed was a computer tune from GM.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet, I've tossed the idea of super charging my Jimmy around in my head, but really don't have the money to do it.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

It was asked before, but how much was it to re-upholster?

Nice job overall, I love tasteful customs. Thanks for keeping the stock body lmao, all of our eyes appreciate it.

Those yellow rims would look cool, they'd REALLY pop out with the rest of the car being black.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 PM

The seats were actually from a friends cavalier. the car had the same seats in it. He totaled his cav and sold me the seats for $200.00. it cost close to $600 to have them done.

and yea i kept the body pretty stock minus the wing. Im not a fan of body kits. Maybe a lip kit if they ever made one for this.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:03 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Any reason why you'd go supercharged over turbo? You'd never see the power out of a supercharger that you would out of a turbo setup. I suppose price is a major factor though eh?.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM

Yea price is the big issue, not just for the turbo setup but also for the upgrades needed fuel, ignition ect. Also turbo managment plays a big part aswell. lot more complex then a supercharger.

Quick Reply: My Pontiac Sunflower Project (lots of pics)