Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

You are having some kind of luck with shops recently.
That weld is bad!
Glad you got working 4wd. now put it to use, get video!

Old 03-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yup I'm back to doing ish myself again lol!

I'm hoping to make a 3 day trip with a couple buddies at the end of April so there should be plenty of pics and video from that trip if I manage to make it. I'll find some time to get out to a local spot here soon as well to at least get a couple pics.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I should also add that my buddy just bought a pretty sweet bender and a whole lotta DOM today so I probably won't start on mine till fall but an exo will be happening in the coming months

Old 03-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Nobody takes pride in their work anymore. Needed more heat on that weld ... and I'm self-taught! Unreal - I see this type of crap all the time these days.

At least you got her together and working!

Those double-cardan joints are a pain the *** - had to do all 3 front u-joints on the neighbor's F-350 last winter. Not sure I want to do that again ...

Old 03-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah it's really sad how little pride allot of people take in their work these days. I've done the double cardan joints before as well and I can't disagree that they are a pain in the *** I am really more annoyed that they just did them without confirming with me. O well at this point I'll see if I can twist it apart here soon lol!!

Old 03-20-2016, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I`m proud of my stuff LOL

Old 03-26-2016, 07:44 PM
puttcharlie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Lol no worries FsTFwRd! It's not actually posi for the rear axle is posi as in short for positive. Basically it's a way to take the fault prone vacuum systems out of your 4x4 system and make it a manual lock. The cable I installed pulls the same as the vacuum system would to engage the fork to engage the gears in the transfer case to ensure that when I need 4x4 it's there if you google it other people have done it as well this was just what I came up fire my setup and I would be happy to answer questions or give some more detail on how I did it just let me know.
Rex
This is a great way to bypass the electrical actuator, and I believe I'll be doing this with my '96 since the electrical system got shorted out and actually caused a small fire. One question i do have, though, is whether I still have to replace the switch panel (the buttons are all now stuck) so that I can still engage the transfer case? And would it be a good idea to try to put in a manual-shifting transfer case when I decide to put in a Dana solid front axle?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:47 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That's a great question to ask in the appropriate section man. Perhaps This One.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Had some goodies arrive today!

Attached Thumbnails My small 96 Blazer build-2b99e0bf-3034-45ac-b433-1b3bdf8db5ef_zpszkcnlknf.jpg   My small 96 Blazer build-88466672-2520-40c3-9569-cfd9441dcea6_zpsjo63gesi.jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 02:01 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

bling bling

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build