Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I really like your light set up, you should get a pic with them all on at night sometime.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I will for sure as soon as my lights come back and I get them wired up!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:48 PM
1999BlueMobile is on a distinguished road

V8 swap.. Jealousy. Although I am nearly finished with my RC 2.5" install and will be getting new Wheels and larger tires in the next 2 weeks!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I really like the blacked out grill with the body color in between.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Thanks guys!!

Yeah I may have a bit of an obsession going on. I'm kinda sad though cause I just dropped the lights at the PO to go back to summit fir an exchange for flood lights so who knows how long its going to be till the new ones come back.

As for the next episode it's going to be a couple weeks cause we leave a week from tomorrow for Siesta Key for a week. I can't wait!! But for a hint of the next episode lets just say instead of vroom it goes VROOM and has 2 extra cylinders!! That will depend if its still available when I get back. But if it is it will be mine
I've been tossed up about doing a V8 swap. If the right engine comes along cheap, I'm sure the swap will be on! 400hp should be just right in a Blazer...

Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks tajohn!
Yeah I've been searching for ever for a good motor at a good price. I found a guy that's about a 2 hour ride selling a 00' vortec out of a 1500 truck. He says its got about 125k on it and sent me a current video (that he said my name in so I know it's not an old video) of it running and it sounds good on a cell video lol! If he's still got it when I get back from vaca I'll prolly grab it. He's selling it complete oil pan to TB for $250obo! His truck was tboned so he's just trying to get rid of everything ASAP. I'll be taking the time to go thru the entire motor anyway so hopefully it will be a good platform to start with.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Thanks tajohn!
Yeah I've been searching for ever for a good motor at a good price. I found a guy that's about a 2 hour ride selling a 00' vortec out of a 1500 truck. He says its got about 125k on it and sent me a current video (that he said my name in so I know it's not an old video) of it running and it sounds good on a cell video lol! If he's still got it when I get back from vaca I'll prolly grab it. He's selling it complete oil pan to TB for $250obo! His truck was tboned so he's just trying to get rid of everything ASAP. I'll be taking the time to go thru the entire motor anyway so hopefully it will be a good platform to start with.
DO IT! And if you could document it closely.... I have been having a wierd itch to add some cylinders aswell!!!!

Now i have something to look forward to!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Rex, the pics of the tranny fluid, You are killin me man, mine was fairly dark before I went on the 400 mile trip, did not have time for funds to change it. I need to do a pan/filter change asap. I cant remember how much fluid for a 4l60-e dangit...

Side note, its lookin bad ***, the lights are killer, nice work.

also, man, get that motor, if i could get something like that, i would jump on it.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 AM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks tajohn!

Jump on that quick! There is a guy local to me selling a complete pulled vortec v6 from a 98 blazer with 100 something thousand miles for 350

Old 07-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
DO IT! And if you could document it closely.... I have been having a wierd itch to add some cylinders aswell!!!!

Now i have something to look forward to!
I will be documenting everything as it happens for sure. You know I love pics and write-ups

Originally Posted by richphotos
Rex, the pics of the tranny fluid, You are killin me man, mine was fairly dark before I went on the 400 mile trip, did not have time for funds to change it. I need to do a pan/filter change asap. I cant remember how much fluid for a 4l60-e dangit...

Side note, its lookin bad ***, the lights are killer, nice work.

also, man, get that motor, if i could get something like that, i would jump on it.
Thanks Rich! I think I used about 4.5-5quarts in mine. there is still fluid left in the trans, torque converter, and cooler. I need to recheck mine again just to make sure its still full now that I have driven it about 100 miles.

Originally Posted by slcblazer
Jump on that quick! There is a guy local to me selling a complete pulled vortec v6 from a 98 blazer with 100 something thousand miles for 350
Yeah its a steal that's for sure! If the guy still has it when I get back from vaca I will be jumping on it.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build