Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small Bagged 63 BBW C10 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 11:05 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Nice! Mcgiver is always handy lol

Old 02-19-2020, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Sold my motor on Saturday faster and for more than I expected so I ordered a full air ride setup today! After looking at complete kit options I opted to piece everything together via eBay. Ended up with the following

Accuair VX4 manifold
AVS 7 switch controller
5 gallon 9 port seamless aluminum tank
Dual Viair 444c compressors in stealth black
Airlift dominator 2600 bags for all 4 corners
SMC water trap
All the various fittings, pressure switch and safety/blow off valve
50 ft of 3/8 air line
Bag brackets for the front

The only pieces left that I need are air gauges, some sort of notch and shocks and shock relocators but I still need to do some research and figure out what I want before those are purchased.

Old 02-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

A few of the air ride pcs have started showing up!
The sticker is going to have to be removed...
Name:  A0ccYkuh.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  104.6 KB

And the controller, manifold, adapter harness for the controller and 50ft of 3/8 hose. Accuair does a killer job with the packaging on those manifolds. Opening the box is like looking into a display case!
Name:  Z0mMbn7h.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  151.4 KB

Old 02-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Nothing much to update other than a few more parts have arrived.

Name:  3NDElf2h.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  0klilyIh.jpg
Size:  90.1 KB

Name:  jU13tbSh.jpg
Size:  111.5 KB

I sill need to order some notches and I plan to order the sheet metal for the cab repairs this weekend as well.

Old 03-02-2020, 05:12 PM
BF Veteran

Love new parts!

Old 03-02-2020, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks me too!! I ordered a new trailing arm crossmember, notches, drop spindles and some mounts to mount the compressors on the frame yesterday to compliment the rest of my recent acquisitions

Last edited by rexmburns; 03-02-2020 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:21 AM
BF Veteran

Have you thought about paint? Or are you going to leave it as is and give it that beater look?

Old 03-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

I was originally planning to leave all the patina because I am a huge fan of the patina look and this truck has some really cool patina I think, but my replacement doors don't match at all and trying to recreate the patina would be way above my skill level which is zero when it comes to paint and body work lol. My wife is telling me I need to paint it which means she has to "ok" the cost in my opinion so I am going to talk to a friend who runs a body shop and also has a home shop and see if I can work out something with him possibly. If I do paint I am strongly leaning towards going with the Dodge Destroyer grey in a matte finish and then making everything that is white and chrome currently black along with black wheels.

Old 12-09-2020, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Well it's been way to long but I am finally back to working on this thing after waiting for the cold weather to arrive!
I got the cab pulled and placed on a rolling cart I built for it

Name:  d6kq9i4.jpg
Size:  452.1 KB

Then I pulled the bed apart into manageable pieces

Name:  THnZ89i.jpg
Size:  549.7 KB

I was left with this after that.

Name:  qAvibMK.jpg
Size:  635.5 KB

Name:  1Ni6l96.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  602.0 KB

So I pulled all the remaining rusty bits from the frame and trashed those and got to work cutting the trailing arm crossmember out to make way for the new adjustable crossmember.

Name:  tyzrIZO.jpg
Size:  628.2 KB

I guess you could say I am finally in the mockup stage of the build since there is now a shiny part on the frame!

Name:  JUXDQf4.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  520.0 KB

I was able to get 7 of the 8 bolts in and the 8th will go but I need to ratchet strap the frame to make it happen and ran out of time so thats on the agenda for tonight. I ordered the axle rebuild kit today so it should be here Friday so I can get the axle built. In the meantime I am going to get the factory bump stops cut off so I can layout and start cutting the C notches and then get the trailing arms installed and start getting the bag mounts in place. If I can make the time I hope to have it sitting on the rear axle by Sunday night but I'm not holding my breath that that is actually going to happen!

Old 12-10-2020, 04:11 AM
BF Veteran

Oh man I'm getting excited!!! So happy to see progress on this again

Quick Reply: My small Bagged 63 BBW C10 build