Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

The new 'Ho

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Well, this summer started off with my A/C going on the fritz. After charging it up once, I traced the leak to the lines back at the rear HVAC unit behind the passenger rear tire. It was leaking right where the line meets the lug that is brazed onto the end. After pricing out the line ($400 my cost), I decided to try something else. Worst case scenario, I block off the lines under the hood, thereby eliminating the rear A/C from the system.

A fellow firefighter & maintenance worker at a local college told me about RedEpoxy. For $16, I had to give it a go. Now, 2 months later, and my outlet temperatures are still in the VERY low 50's with 82F outside temps! Damn glad I decided to give it a go. Time will tell and I'll hopefully be making the same remark next spring!
A quick update on this fix. It's still holding and the truck is blowing ice cubes out the front & rear A/C vents in the 98F temps we had this week; cooling nicely with the engine idling no less! That stuff was a God send for sure! Saved me from either deleting the rear A/C or buying $500+ worth of lines if I wanted to keep it.

Other than that, the truck has been great! I'm looking to get the PCM tuned now. Need to change something.

I'm also taking the motor from my Chevelle off the engine stand where it has resided for the last 4+ years and putting it under the work bench in the shop. I'll be bolting up the $30 LM7 engine I picked up to start tearing that down, see what it needs, and also see what goodies I can toss into it. I have some coin built up from design work I have been doing for my father on the side that I can spend.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see your handiwork.