Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

NVANZEE's build

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

no, i didnt swap it to mfi. didnt have the extra money at the time. Im wondering if its either to low of fuel pressure or to high like you said. If its slightly to low im thinking that the fuel isnt atomizing enough and its more of a liquid entering instead of a vapor. I will get a fuel pressure guage on it tomorrow night. It has new distributor gear on the distributor but i guess that doesnt mean its not bad. Ill have to check that too. I will have another update tomorrow night after have a few of the guys at the dealer look at it with me

Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Just looked back over pics. another long shot. i see the stock blazer intake duct work. do you have the stock blazer maf sensor or the 5.7 maf sensor. 5.7 maf is larger then 4.3s. i didnt know at first and mine was hard to start, & ran like *** with 4.3 maf.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 PM

it has the 5.7 maf

Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Ok it is back up and running! Didnt really find an issue. I think it was originally flooding because the battery was to low for the coil to make a spark. Everytime i pulled the plugs i just cleaned them off and put them right back in. Not thinking that there is still gas in the cylinders. So every time i tried to start it, it would flood almost instantly. This last time i cleaned the plugs and and left them out for a few hours. So the fuel had time to evaporate. So it is almost good to go now. Still got to send the pcm back in to have a few things adjusted.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

sweet. where you sending your ecm? i need to get mine done too, just to get a lil more out of it.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:19 PM

I send mine to pcm4less. good guys to deal with.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM

Its been a while but i finally got it running good. Just took it on its maiden voyage this weekend and it did great. Im pretty satisfied with it. Thinking about regearing the axles though just so i can get the 33s a spinning on the asphalt. lol Still got to get the exhaust done and finish up some wiring but the engine is good to go.