Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Off Road Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM
2001Blue is on a distinguished road
Default Finally Getting some more work done

Finished up the floor with some Ensolite, tomorrow or Friday I should be able to lay some MLV on at least the front half and get the front carpet section in and Driver's seat so its drivable again.

Last edited by 2001Blue; 08-24-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

looks good man. with the MLV, make sure you keep it as large of a piece as you can. you don't want a bunch of little pieces because then it allows the noise and vibrations to pass through.

Are you going to take the ensolite up the side walls?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Thanks. I plan on going up the side walls as well, just ran out of time with the storms tonight and I wanted to get the front half done so that I could at least get the truck drivable again, then finish the back area.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:10 PM

So I finished all of the foam up the sides and roof today. Tomorrow is MLV and manufacturing some new plates out of MDF for the 6.5 components that are replacing the 6x9s

@MTopper, any suggestions for what I should use to adhere the MLV to the foam

Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran

I used Shop 3M 17.6 Fl. Oz. Hi-Strength Low VOC Spray Adhesive at Lowes.com

but the mlv i used was the mlv/ensolite combo so it went on as one piece. it was the luxury liner pro instead of luxury liner. my stuff is not moving at all.

But, when you put it on the floor, all you have to do is get it to stick long enough to put the carpet back in and that will lock it in for the most part.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM

So I can officially say, I am not a fan of laying MLV. Its kind of a pain in the a$$. I am used to the BXTII and ensolite from other cars. First time with MLV and yeah. I better have this blazer for a long time cause I don't want to do this with another car if I can help it.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
BF Veteran

next time you do it, use the luxury liner pro. Is both mlv and ensolite combined in large sheets, its easier to use then giant pieces of just mlv. When you're done though, you'll notice a huge difference

Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Default Good Day of work done.

I will definitely have to do that next time (praying there is no next time anytime soon). But the MLV is laid, the carpet is back in. 1/0 power cable, door speaker wires, remote wire and RCA cables have been run. I forgot to get pictures before dark again. Tomorrow though.

On the plus side I finally received the speakers and have the main pieces together.

Four DD Audio CS6.5 Components for Front and Rear Speakers

One DD Audio 2512 D2 Subwoofer

All being run by a Rockford Fosgate Power1000 25 to Life Staggered 5 Channel that I have had around for awhile after a trade. Finally putting it to some use.

And the Birthsheet for it. Nothing hardcore but it'll do

Old 08-28-2011, 02:09 AM
BF Veteran

thats a sexy looking amp man. i just bought myself some new toys and have yet to install them or even unwrap them. i want it to be like christmas morning when i get them all together.

side note.. we live less than an hour away from each other, we need to meet up when we're both done. compare who deadened better and who's louder haha.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 PM

Indeed we should. Though at the rate I seem to make progress some days, that might not be until next year. I didn't get **** done today. The beer got to me too early and I just got lazy instead

Quick Reply: Off Road Noise