Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

"operation Blazeranche"

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

looks good so far.
my other thought was to chop the lift gate and tack it in place so it looks like a tailgate.
the older second gens with the split rear gate would be perfect for this.
you going to bedliner the cargo area now?

i have to say...i envy you.

would look awesome with that tire carrier on rear now....just a thought.

my other concern would be roll over...always thought a roll bar just below roof level would look good and help the structure.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
looks good so far.
my other thought was to chop the lift gate and tack it in place so it looks like a tailgate.
the older second gens with the split rear gate would be perfect for this.
you going to bedliner the cargo area now?

i have to say...i envy you.

would look awesome with that tire carrier on rear now....just a thought.

my other concern would be roll over...always thought a roll bar just below roof level would look good and help the structure.
The funny part is right before I read this, I was thinking about doing the liftgate cut like you said! lmao. I even thought about the spare tire carrier a little bit ago too! Itll be so much easier now that its open right there in the corner. I called today on a drop down tailgate for these blazers and they want $125 for theirs without the hinges and strike plates. So I think for now I wont have anything there cause I do want the tailgate that drops down. And eventually Ill have a roll cage type thing put in for extra support but it held my fatass where I cut and Im 300 pounds lol

Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

I saw a soft top thing someone else had to throw over the back.

Rip out that carpet and get that thing rhino lined.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I wanna do it now!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
May One is on a distinguished road

My friends dad got one that was wrecked from getting rear ended and he did the same thing, but he welded a wall in right behind the back seats. The left tail light was a little crooked from the damage but it looked pretty cool. I wouldnt mind doing it but the reason I dont have a pick up is cuz I have cargo in my truck all the time so I wouldnt want it getting swiped or wet or blown away. Looks good tho, good job dude.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

So...I was talking to a local cop and we got to talking about the Blazer being cut. He told me that I may have drive to Jefferson City to get it inspected by the big boys because of a major change to the body. I hope not! Its gonna really **** me off if I did all of that work just have it fail!!! Ill call my local DMV tomorrow to see.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Beginning Member
Striker911 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
So...I was talking to a local cop and we got to talking about the Blazer being cut. He told me that I may have drive to Jefferson City to get it inspected by the big boys because of a major change to the body. I hope not! Its gonna really **** me off if I did all of that work just have it fail!!! Ill call my local DMV tomorrow to see.
Oh ya the old Jeff City drive. I remember making that drive once from Kansas City. Them people cost me a lot of money for nothing once. I had a suspended license and they said it was time to get it back. So I called and asked them to do a nation wide check for me to be sure I could get it back. I was sure I still had other things to take care of at the time. They said all I had to do was come take the test's, pay a fine, and I am good to go.

So I took the day of overtime off from work and drove all the way up to Jeff City. Paid the fines off and went to take the test's Got all done and was ready to get my picture taken. Sorry sir we show a hold in CA. I had to leave with no DL. Thanks to MO I had a $500 day for nothing. Im glad I moved out of that retarded place. AR is much better. They dont care about stupid stuff and I have my DL along with a totally clean driving record. It only took me nine years with no DL to figure it out.

$25 later I have a DL. They didn't even make me take a test. We also have no inspections. Just take the title in and get tags. Oh and no sales tax if its under $2500. I love AR.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You sir, are a brave man. I just about wet myself just drilling holes to put on my tire carrier. I don't think I could bring myself to attempt something like this right now. Maybe once I get my student loans paid off and money isn't such an issue.

I gotta say though, that you'll have a pretty unique Blazer when you're done.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

where do you live at to have to drive to jeff city? i live in kansas city!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Look good so far. I know I can't do it to my Blazer. I am too afraid to put holes in my Blazer. Hope that the inspection won't fail because then it will be a waste of work. Them inspection people always try to find something unsafe to stop you.

Quick Reply: "operation Blazeranche"