Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Operation Warthog

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
flares should be here by usps mon morning....let the fun begin, when successful i will toss up a write up, zr2 flares on a 4 door....one way or another, they are going on.
I don't think it should be too hard. I know the front fenders are arched differently for them but I think some minor trimming (on the flares) would allow them to fit properly. On the rear, I'd probably just cut straight down rather than trying to make an arched cut like the OEM 4dr flares.

Looks awesome with the new tires though! You should remove the door trim now (or paint it to match the rockers)

Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

cant wait to see pics of the flares on. If you have time you should do a how to....

Old 04-10-2011, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol man you beat me to getting zr2 flares... I still have to find some...

Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
....You should remove the door trim now (or paint it to match the rockers)
yup, i was going to originally, till i saw that the rear lower quarters had trim mounting holes in it. and i didnt have cash to get new ones. now however..i might have to remove it to make the flares fit.

and i am going to take lots of pics and write up what i find, i figure if i take my time i should be able to figure it out.

i agree on the line cut for the rear door, following the door would be nice...but with one shot at this straight is on the menu....unless i get brave/stupid.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ok, first off many thanks to forum member
wildchild

for selling me a set of zr2 flares..

and so on to the business at hand....here are some pics fresh from the mail...couldnt wait.

unless i am missing something, probably because of excitement, i dont see why everyone thinks this is so hard to mount up.
(i will prob regret that statement...oh well)

i will give them a full work over on friday as far as fitting, but other then the cut for the rear doors this should be pretty straight forward.

plan of attack:

mock up and fit, shave
make some alum brackets
measure again and again

prime paint and install.

now timeline will be slow, no vaca anytime soon. so this will be weekend project.

i will however document the daylights outta this one.
picks, measurements, parts list...etc

i will do my best to give ya all the scoop.

again thanks to wildchild for the great deal.

wish me luck.

Attached Thumbnails Operation Warthog-img00645-20110413-1014.jpg   Operation Warthog-img00646-20110413-1018.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Starting Member
myprixxx is on a distinguished road

Good Luck!!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

I love the Rally Stripes, something different.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I want those flares! I need to find some

Old 04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I think if you used a little more tape they would stay on there fine. Try some of that Gorilla Tape!

Old 04-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Beginning Member
wildchild is on a distinguished road

warthogdriver thanks for taking them off my hands cant wait to see how it comes out and what work was involved to make them work truck look great by the way

Quick Reply: Operation Warthog