Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Haha, I feel lucky then: head unit, cai, and she suprised me yesterday by informing me that she bought me two green led strips. So there's the latest update to my build. Hopefully those will be in soon.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

You my friend are a lucky man. Not only is she ok with your blazer addiction, she actually helps you further it along haha... keep us going and as always PICTURES!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:17 PM

KO'd the PO155 heated oxygen sensor code. New ACDelco O2 sensor FTW. The LED kit should be here tomorrow or Monday. Install next weekend since after tomorrow I'll be done with my liberal arts math class and thats the one class that takes up my free time.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:41 PM

LED Kit came today! Also the tape to finish off masking the rims!

Old 05-01-2010, 02:23 PM

Painting the rims as we speak, going to let them dry over night and then they'll get hit with clear coat tomorrow. Also, the green LED kit for the interior is next on the list. I just want to get these rims done since I've had them sitting in the shed since February, so all my focus has been on them this weekend.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Phil
Painting the rims as we speak, going to let them dry over night and then they'll get hit with clear coat tomorrow. Also, the green LED kit for the interior is next on the list. I just want to get these rims done since I've had them sitting in the shed since February, so all my focus has been on them this weekend.
Show us some pics when you get them done. i can't wait to see them on the truck!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Here's a cell phone pic of what the worst rim looks like, just to give you guys an idea. I took my time, sanded, primed, let them dry, wet sanded, primed again, 3 coats of paint, 2 coats of clear. There are some blemishes, as seen here, but for a 20 year old hobbyist who has limited experience on this kind of stuff, I think I did well.

Going to get my current tires swapped on tomorrow. So final question for anyone: do I need spacers on the rears for anything more than cosmetic reasons? I don't think I will, but as I've said before: I don't know everything.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

not bad for a first time, those came out looking great (@ leaast in the pic they do).

be sure to show some pic's when they're on the truck.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
BF Veteran

They look pretty darn good and for a 20 year old (myself included) not bad at all. I'll look up the spacers

I just looked it up because i'm really bored. The backspacing on the 2 wheel drives like ours are 5.5 while the backspacing on the newer camaro (93-end) is 6.65 or something weird like that. Now, you don't need an inch wheel spacer but you do need something like a 1/4" like Zeeke98 has or you'll eat you tires alive

Last edited by MTopper; 05-08-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Thanks guys. I'll be getting these put on Monday or Wednesday, all depends on how late my exams on Monday run.

These are 3rd gen Z28 (82-92) wheels so the backspacing should be 5.5 from what I'm finding. I just remember Matt saying his buddy had similar style on a Blazer and needed spacers.